don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Larry Lynx was a brown Eek the Cat, now he's a Sonic Bubsy the Bobcat. Makes sense.

Also yeah, on the Universe cover, that's definitely Elias, he's got the weapons and the everything else. He tends to have brown hair in Universe in contrast to red hair in the main comic.

The two pink wolves are the twins from the Wolf Pack; that robot can't be Jules, makes no sense they'd change his looks, so it seems it's Metal Sonic. As to how is he alive, HE'S A ROBOT. They're rebuilt. Hell, Eggman's going through a Metal Sonic an issue, almost. Why wouldn't old Metal be rebuilt?

Ian's move forward to defend Larry's design means that's almost certainly him. Surprising to have Silver stay, to me at least. Not sure about the decision of using the Rivals suits, but eh.

On regards to the main book, there's actually something much more subtle that people didn't catch- how can Lupe be roboticized? She's covered by BEM immunity. And if Genesis altered the immunity, why aren't Sonic and Eggman roboticized?

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

The problem is more that that Metal had at least some kind of consciousness. Why bring back that design if the consciousness isn't coming back as well? Its consciousness isn't something that can easily be rebuilt. I've seen some people say it could be part of his Power Gem which could be somehow found and added to a new body. Kind of stretching it, but possible. My personal problem is it would undo Metal's sacrifice. I've never really been a fan of writers doing that with characters.

Solicit says legionized, not roboticized.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    This is my problem too. I have nostalgic ties to that Metal Sonic, #86-87 were the issues that got me both into the comic, and also were the ones that made me a fan of Sonic in general. I love the design, but there was no reason to bring him back.

Last I checked, he was melted down to nothing in the crater of an erupting volcano. Even if the power gem survived that, finding it pretty dang far-fetched. Unless he uploaded his consciousness elsewhere, but that would also deflate the meaning of his sacrifice. I'm kinda hoping it's just a design choice, or a re-creation of that model of Metal Sonic based on Sonic and Tails' accounts.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    @Tylions- Oh. I swear my derp's been acting today, I'd swear I had read "roboticization" instead of "legionization". Meh.

As for the Metal Sonic, I'm waging on "or a re-creation of that model of Metal Sonic based on Sonic and Tails' accounts." as put by Kazeblade. To be honest I find it a bad idea to bring back the character at all, and on that note the usage of Sonic Rivals outfits too.

5. BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Just finished reading 233 and 234......and NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't like this at all!

Two great issues, mind you, but really not liking what just happened in 234.

235 better make me happy, not sad! But the the story title for the next issue at the end of 234 isn't leaving me too hopeful.

6. Tylinos

Tylinos

Just got #235. Excellent issue. Normally I don't like posting spoilers, but there are a few interesting things in the issue that can't really be discussed without spoilers, and someone's going to post them eventually anyway. I'll try not to spoil way too much, though.

We start off in Silver's future. Remember Antoine's Journal from last issue? Silver finds its remains, which leads him to jump to the conclusion of Ant being the traitor. (It was torn in parts, so it makes the entry from last issue sound like he's supporting Naugus instead, when he really isn't.)

We have a brief flashback with Future Mogul which shows us something kind of worrying: At some point, Naugus is going to get the two Chaos Emeralds G.U.N. currently has.

We learn some exact details of the traitor Silver's looking for, which clears up some confusion a few people have had: Mogul knows for a fact that the "one of Sonic's founding Freedom Fighters took actions that destroyed the team." So, despite what I've seen some people say, it's one of the original Knothole Freedom Fighters, and they may not have been a traitor intentionally.

Second, Silver uncovers a newspaper clipping showing himself fighting side-by-side with Sonic against a "former friend" of Sonic's. We only see their silouette, but Silver says it's Antoine. However, it looks like it could possibly be Sally.

The council votes to exile Nicole (Hamlin, Dylan, Penelope, and Charles only do so reluctantly), with only Rotor voting against it. He resigns the Council in protest. Naugus orders an emergency election for a replacement. (Calling it now: It's going to either be Arlo, or Naugus will rig the election.)

Bunnie leaves the city with some sort of plan in mind, but doesn't say where she's going.

Geoffrey says that Antoine "had me from the beginning," with a footnote saying he's referencing what happened at the campfire way back in Issue #46, where Antoine accused Geoffrey of being a traitor, pointing out inconsistencies in his story that Geoffrey never refuted.

Harvey Who recruits Silver into the Secret Freedom Fighters.

Also, not something important, but something I thought was a nice touch: When Sonic flashes back to how he treated Antoine in the past, we see a brief flashback to Issue #4. Nice touch, Ian. (Or Tracy, whoever thought of adding it.)

EDIT: Preview pages are up:
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1222012p1.html

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    FCBD 2012 Spoilers:

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=272251#p272251

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So, Valentine's Day and now Easter Digital Exclusives. I have to assume it's only for iPhone like the V-Day one was, thus no chance of me ever possessing it.

10. I have to say this series has had me enthralled since my first issue: 205. However, I'm more than a little miffed about un-cyborging Bunnie recently. She was awesome with the robo-parts, it was like Megaman and Sonic crossing-over when she used that laser gun... and now, as far as anything shows, it's over.

11. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    So, is Sally going to die once and for all, or what?

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    If she is, they're certainly dragging it out. If not, they're certainly dragging it out.

Either way, we've seen this particular arc before.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    When exactly? Last time Sally was robotized was during the early days when the comic was still cracking jokes and puns and didn't take itself seriously.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    SU #39 Preview:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jamal Peppers draws Regina weird.

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Wow, he does draw her weird. She looks really young.

That grin from Eggman when he says "And I don't care!", though? Amazing.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ah, its good to see Eggman be the boss again and not be some side story in some echidna lovestory that a crazy ass writer was jerking off to while writing it.

Love Eggman now that he has fully recovered from his mental breakdown. just made him a stronger and more cunning villain.

EDIT: Annnnd this awesomeness happens in the very same issue:
    [​IMG]

<3

17. Tylinos

Tylinos

Just got the issue today. Instead of spoilers from the issue itself, how about hints from the letters page at two characters set to return soon?

One of the letter responses says that Thrash will be making a return soon, and that we'll be learning all about his motives. Right after that it says that Finitevus will be back "before you know it".

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Did anyone here ever get their letter into the reader's page? I wrote in a few times as a kid and only ever got my name into the "find your name here" thingy.

19. Aw yeah, more Finitevus. One of the better characters that came from Penders' run that Ian only made better.

20. Tylinos

Tylinos

Wasn't he a Bollers character, not Penders?

Anyway, solicits are up for #239, SU#42, SSM#4, and Universe GN #3.

So, it looks like the "You don't need one book to understand the other" thing is being broken again, with #239 and SU#42 being connected like that.

#239's cover is really disappointing (Heroes Part 1, so they use a Heroes render? Come on.), but I like the old James Bond movie poster style for SU#42.