don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That art is looking fantastic!

2. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    can't wait to read this!! :D

3. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Whoa, hold it, the Egg Hawk gets a cameo in there! :0 Yesssssss

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  5. I've been wondering if they'll start adapting more of the games ever since I saw that Iblis art on IGN. This seems to be a good pointer that they might be adapting Unleashed and/or Colours in the future. Then again, it could simply be that Sega finally granted them license to use more of the newer characters.

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It appeares to be a complication of stories based around love since part of the description talks about Fiona's (Auto-Fiona I guess) first appearance.

EDIT: Also, the cover may be new but none of the art on the cover is.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yes, yes it is. =P Nice homage!

8. Tylinos

Tylinos

[​IMG]
    Ian has since said that the story has been restructured, and the mysterious figure part has been changed. It seems like it'll be more of a direct meeting now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calling it now, the mysterious figure in #237 [inlinespoiler]is going to be Hershey[/inlinespoiler].

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That's what I was thinking as well.

Also FUCKING YES at having Classic Sonic on the cover of Archives 18. I'm happy about that as Archives #18 has the last issue before Sonic makes the switch to his modern design.

10. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Anyone else notice that SU40 has a mugshot of Honey the Cat on its cover? My question is... is it merely a cameo, or has Ian decided to work her in to the comics?

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's just a cameo like he likes to do unless otherwise stated.

12. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Inb4 Sonic the fighters crossover. *shot*

In seriousness, the Sonic comics have been looking good lately, and these two issues look like a good place for me to start collecting again.

13. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

How is it the more interested I get I this comic the more rabid some of the Archie fans become?…
    Now there is talk of leaked panels of Antoine getting axed.
    If they couldn't stomach robo sally, they're going to have a caravel with that one.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nice Sonic the Fighters cover. I approve. But sad to know that this will be likely the last archive cover with our classic friend on it. Now Spaz will start drawing Modern Sonic... which he can't do.

15. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Or he could just do a compromise and draw Classic with green eyes. :v:

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

EDIT:
    Basically, it seems like they'll be meeting the person directly instead.

17. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Pretty sure he can.

Much as I love the "Sonic the Screensaver" (for lack of a better definition) emulated with those covers, I'm curious to see what they'll do with what I'll assume to be Sonic Channel style for the next covers as I like that style at least as much.

Regular comic art is also looking quite awesome, even more so than usual since the 160s.

18. I was worried about this coming up. :( We got 18 really cool covers, though. And we have a handful of Knuckles' Archives covers coming if they decide to cover the whole series.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There are going to be six Knuckles archives. After that I guess they tackle mini-series (which would just be one book on it's own since the mini-series were three parters) so we will at least get a Classic Tails cover and a cover with Classic Sonic on it for the Sonic Quest arc most likely.

20. Tylinos

Tylinos

So, I hear some of you want scans from #234. Well, I have a few here for you. Beneath spoiler tags this time due to, well, spoilers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What, you were expecting scans of the thing Eggman's gloating about? That's around elsewhere already. It's pretty major.

But I guess I can confirm in text that [inlinespoiler]nobody [/inlinespoiler] dies in this issue. Yes, it's true. [inlinespoiler]Antoine gets pretty badly injured, but the end of the main story makes it clear that he's still breathing, and Sonic's rushing him back to get help. Even the editorial says "While the fate of Antoine is uncertain at the moment..." So no, he isn't dead[/inlinespoiler].

Also, from the backup story:

[​IMG]

I love how Classic Robotnik's portrayed here. Ian even has him give one of his trademark fat-quips like he usually did back then. [inlinespoiler]"Great balls of cholesterol!"[/inlinespoiler]

And on an interesting but potentially unimportant note, Eggman wonders near the end what became of the Egg Grapes after Feist turned the Zone of Silence into the Special Zone.