don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    All right, I know the whole 'Where do I start' question has been asked a ton in this thread, but I've finally made major headway into this, and I know things start to go downhill real fast from here.

I've just finished issue number 50, not counting all the spin-offs and specials. If I want to get to the good stuff and skip all the shitty art that's been posted, where would I want to start off, and what would I be missing that I should know about?

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If you start with #197 you pretty much miss stuff going on with Knuckles, some super battles, zone hopping, game adaptions, and a wwwhhhoollleeee lot of drama.

If you can find the Free Comic Book Day 2009 issue it recaps everything up to about #200.

3. Tylinos

Tylinos

A few days ago at the bad comic art blog, the guy put up a short article about Dawn Best, and pointed out how any badness in her art can be put up to how most of the time she was delegated to doing layouts for Ken Penders, which he would ruin. Dawn Best found the blog and posted a response:
    That's right. Even Dawn Best finds Penders' art laughable. And Penders wants to hire her for his book. Looks like that won't be happening.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    SU #37 Spolier pic.

[​IMG]

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh my GOD, I must have this comic :O I sure hope he last for more than an issue. The whole arc would be nice!

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    =P

I wanted to show you on IRC but you weren't around. And since this is #37 I assume it's the whole arc as well.

7. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    O_O

Oh. My. God. That has to be one of the best things I've seen in Archie Sonic...

First of we have a Full Armor (ZZ) Mecha Sally (Sence she's part of the "Metal Badnik Series" should we call her Metal Sally?), then we have Metal Knuckles making his first appearence in the comic itself (It's about damn time this character finally gets put into something!), and finally we got an "offical" METAL TAILS, design looks great and well made, with Metal Sonic to round up everything together.

I want to shake the hands of everyone who made this arc and issue possible.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fuck man thats just boss, I love it! grinning like a stupid kid over the nastalga. Love how Eggman calls them badniks too.

So thats Sally's new look huh? I'm really starting to wonder what will happen now when she gets turned back. And...Did Eggman re-do her hair?! or is that an angle thing?

9. Tylinos

Tylinos

Back on the subject of #233, something interesting from Ian over at Bumbleking:

10. Metal Knuckles? The Sonic R style Metal Knuckles? YES. Seriously, if this guy lasts as a frequent enemy character (even if it's beat up and rebuilt like Metal Sonic is lately), I will be a very happy gal. Metal Knux was my favorite character to play as in Sonic R.

Oh...I wish I could get my issues faster (sending the subscription to campus only to forward it two/three times a year would be a massive pain). I love villain-centric arcs in most series, but this spoiler has be giggling like a fangirl.

@Tylinos: Very interesting. I was always bothered by the lack of proper "Robian" Overlanders/humans. (The whole unwilling = statue thing bugged me. Seemed like a cheap way out of what I always considered the true horror of being Roboticized: being fully aware of your actions as an utterly controlled slave and being unable to even cry out for help or in agony.) Any real roboticized Overlander/humans were either fixed by the Bem or wiped out, right?

Also, Soumerca. Just... Soumerca. On one hand, it makes sense in a weird way (maybe an old record of South America survived with some of the letters faded and such, and it morphed into this), but on the other... it just feels silly. ...How do you even pronounce it? I feel like I'm adding a syllable.

But, then, it's Sonic. Not everything can be serious all the time.

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Makes me wonder if that means the copyright surrounding him is now done with (that which prevented him from getting his own Jazzwares action figure previously). The Metal Tails is a curious sight. Wonder what happened to that Tails Doll from earlier.

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

If you think that's silly, some of the others are even sillier sounding. Ian listed them all on the Archie blogs last year, but those have been kind of inaccessable for a while. The others we didn't already have names for (Downunda and the Tundras) were Northamer, Efrika, Eurish, and Yurashia.

Downunda's still the silliest, though.

13. The trial issue was pretty kick ass. Nice theatrics. The only thing I wish...
    is that the classic Sonic design was used in the flashback =P
    Also, the spoiler earlier in this thread is amazing. I'm thinking of starting a sub... it would be cheaper, certainly. But I also like supporting my local comic shop. Plus, someone in this thread stated their problems with getting their issues in a timely manner... :argh:

14. Really? Wow. Yurashia. That makes me giggle. (Which isn't a bad thing, per se. Book can't take itself too seriously...)

Downunda is very silly. But, then, I love the D.F.F., so I guess it never bothered me.

I wish the blogs were functioning. I would like this info, as I'd love to have proper names and stuff in my developing head-canon. Why were they down in the first place, anyway?

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Archie was trying to revamp their site format and ended up screwing up the blog layouts. Last we heard people were trying to get them working again.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    He re-did her hair.

Yes, the beam reversed everyone on the planet except Jules.

Cream has it.

The blogs worked for me. It just seems to have a cut-off date for stuff now (leading to MANY 404's on links on the Mobius Encyclopedia).

17. @JaxTH: I thought so. I knew the dragons somehow weren't reversed (they're slag now, though, so it's a moot point), so I wasn't sure.

Really? I'm having trouble getting them to work. Granted, I'm probably just doing something stupid, but....

Do you have any working links from before the cutoff?

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

So, do you like the Brotherhood? How about Moebius? How does both sound?

Also, for anyone worried he's not going to anything with the Prime Zone's Brotherhood, he assured someone later in the same thread that he has plans for them as well.

19. Tylinos

Tylinos

Sorry for the double-post, but it's time for some SU#37 previews for those of you who don't have the issue yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Is that the rocket from Sonic 2?