don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I just played through the demo while cranking out Sonic Boom on the PS3's music player.

[​IMG]

2. Haha yeah! We basically did the same thing, collector's edition and PC version. Cool, so at midnight for me I'll get a code from GMG and I'll tell you when I get mine so you can get yours and we can be Sonic Heroes.

3. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I don't even know has mine sent out. Somone could tell me, when money is taken, does it mean that the thing has been shipped? It said estimated time around 14-15 nov. And someone in retro toldme that when money is taken, stuff is shipped. I hate when he doesn'ttell me exact thing but always says "dunno and dunno".....

Have not ordered from amazon before so that's why a bit paranoid. Gotta wait 2 weeks then.

4. Yes if your money has been taken that's a better sign that it's way closer to being shipped. Depending on your shipping and country of origin you could be waiting up to 3 weeks

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So am I the only one who finds this game unusually glitchy? Not that it's happened a lot, but I've had more floor fall throughs and script errors in this game then I ever did in any of the other games. Funny everyone always says how you fall through the floor in the other 3D games, it almost never happened to me, except maybe in Sonic 06. In this game I've fallen through the floor a multitude of times, particularly as classic Sonic in seaside hill.

So far this game has about a 75 - 80 average. I was hoping it'd be a little higher, but that's just my Sonic fan bias. Despite the glitches though, this game currently falls as my second favorite after Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic 2 has been bumped down to 3. We'll see if this stays as such though.

6. corneliab

corneliab

I haven't experienced anything like this. And mind you, I've replayed the stages enough times to collect the red rings and dick around with the Supers and shields.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Never fell through before, but I've had some glitches. At the beginning of Sky Sanctuary Act 1, the clouds being pushed away by the Death Egg pop in over the clouds in the foreground. It's happened on more than one occasion.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perhaps Seaside Hill doesn't like me. As far as glitches I've experienced:

- The same loop glitch twice in Classic SSH. Sonic doesn't run fast enough through the loop before the wind tunnel and lands on top of an invisible platform. Go right and you'll fall into the wind tunnel but the camera is locked so you won't know where you are
    - Fell through the floor in Seaside hill classic twice
    - Fell through the floor in Planet Wisp Modern
    - Game froze in Planet Wisp Modern, but that may have been my xbox tired of running the game for the 7th hour straight
    - Found my way on top of a loop in City Escape Modern. Couldn't get down
    - Randomly spawned in some random location of City Escape Modern during one of the challenges. Died
    - The floor before one of the boosters towards the end of Sky Sanctuary Classic didn't load. The floor was still solid, but I was confused. As such I died
    - Only one of the jump panels loads at a time during the Egg Dragoon fight and it pisses me off something royal.

There may be more but I forget. Now. This is not to say I don't enjoy the game, but maybe I've just had some bad luck so far. As far as this game is concerned, as I said, I love it.

Also I've noticed 3 classic missions end with you running to the left. Mind has been baffled XD

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I haven't had any problems with glitches either. Weird :psyduck:

10. Vangar

Vangar

I definately havent had any of that happen and I've played the shit out of it lol

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh. Bad luck I guess. Something I'm doing this game does not approve of XD I mean I guess it goes both ways. People say they've fallen through the floor in Sonic Adventure many times. I don't think I ever have.

12. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    So what's your guys's opinion on the "official speedrun contest" posted at the bottom of page 51? It sorta got swept away with the discussion about glitches.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Whoops sorry bout that. I noticed that, and I may participate seeing as how I can beat 1:50. If that's the only qualification and from there it's luck, I could try so I can try and own an exclusive piece of Sonic history.

14. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    Here's the Generations CE Documentary in 4 parts...!

15. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Germany is not THAT far away than UK is to Estonia. Shouldnt take that much, unless our Post doesnt "forget".Sometimes ppl aren't arsed to do their work and then post just "sits" in PO for many days.

16. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    In the same boat as the others who have posted, I haven't encountered any huge glitches really. The minor thing that happens in every game here and there, but all very minor. The only notable glitch I have seen was one that actually helped me as the game suddenly threw me into the air, directly where I needed to in a mission in City Escape. One moment I was on the ground, the next I was magically teleported exactly where I needed to be.

However, besides that nothing noteworthy. And minding you right before visiting the board I literally was just playing Seaside Hill Classic a few times.

Where I am at currently, I have Genesis and Modern era 100% (All S-Ranks in all challenges and stages, all Red Rings, all complete, etc). Just need to do it for Modern era and Time Eater.

17. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Oh, another thing. My mate wanted to know about the Xbox360 CE, does it HAS the Super sonic avatar, DLC and theme too? I know the screenshot has showed it does. Just want to be sure. I myself has the PS3 CE but I do get the GAME SE one. Let's hope the SE has the moving cover........

18. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Yes it has 'em.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    If you pre-ordered the game from Green Man Gaming, you can get your Steam key now and pre-load the game.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    So while some of you want SEGA to patch the Super Sonics, I want SEGA to fix the Spike Bug that rears its head in Classic Seaside Hill during the Labyrinth/Hydrocity throwback.

That aside, thanks for posting the documentary Waffles, gonna do some relaxin' watchin' before I tackle the last two achievements I need: Rank Online in all stages and beat the Time Eater without taking damage. Speaking of the latter, is that how you get the Classic Eggman costume? And I notice this game has 4 awards instead of just 2. What are the others, and am I stupid for not already knowing?