don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ancara

ancara

Since I know there are those with the PS3 version, we should also post our PSN usernames, okay?

Mine's ancara22. I'm now currently in the process of trying to get decent times on each stage, so if ya wanna see how much a fail, give my times a look, ok? :v:

2. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    So does the art book contain anything that's not in the game?

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]

What the fuck?

Why even bother to release it on the 3rd then?

4. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    It'd be November 4th in Europe. Valve and SEGA are trolling, it's actually the day it was supposed to be released originally. In most of the world, that is. :v:

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
  6. Tylinos

Tylinos

So, Modern Sonic is "BOOST TO WIN" lately, you say? Sega has heard your claims and wants to put them to the test.
    The Endless Boost skill you get from one of the Rooftop Run missions gives you infinite boost, but at the cost of being unable to pick up rings. Surely you won't need those pesky rings if you're boosting all the time! :v: [inlinespoiler]I love you, Sega.[/inlinespoiler]

7. AMAZON TOOK MY MONEY, READY TO PARTY UK?

http://I.imgur.com/54XVy.jpg

8. You made them a party diorama?

Oh... oh that's... yeah.

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

I'm laughing so much right now hahaha. Also, on an unrelated note...I'm back from the "vacation" Retro gave me for asking for music rips. I somehow misread the warning post and thought it said if someone posted the music rips they would get a "vacation", which was pretty confusing. And I'm still waiting to play the game...Only a day or two more.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  11. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    [​IMG]

CRISIS

HOW DO I SCAN A VIEWFINDER

(Seriously though, just got a EU press kit)

12. corneliab

corneliab

So that's two things that I could've never expected to see in my lifetime, all within the span of 15 minutes.

A legless chair in a stairwell and a 20th Anniversary Sonic viewfinder. What is going on here.

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    The level design in this game is overwhelming. Maybe I'm just used to Sonic being strictly linear and going through the level once or twice will show you just about everything the level has to show, but jesus, with the exception of Green Hill, I'm pretty sure that I still have plenty of geometry to cover within each level. The level design is some of the best in the series the series has seen in a while, I'm very impressed. Seaside Hill especially, holy crap I run into something new every single time.

14. Completely agreed, it's a blast to go through these levels several times and constantly find a neat little shortcuts or alternate paths.
    Classic Rooftop Run just blew me away, totally underestimated that stage.
    That part at the end when you go on the blimp was a very nice touch. What a climatic ending to an all around blast of a stage.

15. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Did anyone else order the PC version from greenmangaming? I still have yet to find out what's up with them, are we getting our games on the same date as everyone else?

16. Why does the Steam version unlock at 7:00PM CST? I get the afternoon off and I was hoping to play it, but noooo...

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The list of "Custom Music" tracks is pretty underwhelming, especially since the Sonic 3 tracks for whatever reason are super butchered MIDIs instead of off-hardware recordings (like the Sonic 1 and 2 tracks.) Same applies for Spinball and 3D Blast Genesis. The Advance era tracks are understandably treated similarly too, but that's because the GBA had a terrible sound chip.

List is here:

Green Hill Zone Original
    Marble Zone
    Star Light Zone
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Chemical Plant Zone Original
    Sonic 2 Special Stage
    Angel Island Zone
    Hydro City Zone
    Marble Garden Zone
    Mushroom Hill Zone
    Flying Battery Zone
    Death Egg Zone
    Open Your Heart
    It Doesn't Matter
    Emerald Coast
    Live and Learn
    Green Forest
    Metal Harbor
    Sonic Heroes
    What I'm Made Of...
    Sonic Heroes Special Stage - Bonus Challenge
    His World
    Wave Ocean
    Kingdom Valley
    Endless Possibility
    Windmill Isle - Day
    Savannah Citadel - Day
    Reach For The Stars
    Tropical Resort
    Sweet Mountain
    Toxic Caves
    PalmTree Panic
    Sonic Boom
    Stardust Speedway Zone US
    Diamond Dust Zone
    Super Sonic Racing
    Neo Green Hill Zone
    Leaf Storm
    Route 99
    Right There, Ride On
    A New Venture
    High Flying Groove
    Un-gravitify
    Free
    Quick Trip To Paradise
    Race To Win
    I Am... All Of Me
    Knight Of The Wind
    Splash Hill Zone

Somewhat upset that I can't select Mission 5 theme and have it permanently play in Sky Sanctuary. I adore what they did with that Saturn theme so much.

You damn well know the one I'm talking about.

18. EEEEEBBAAAAAAAAAAa

We get a code when the 4th hits that allows us to validate the game with an activation code.

19. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    At that time it will be midnight in London. I get the feeling the US PC version is delayed because Sony/Microsoft had some sort of console protectionism agreement that stated it had to be out on consoles first / simultaneously. The fact that the PC version is basically a worldwide release would mean Europeans would buy the $30 steam copy three days earlier instead of the regional version at ~$55.

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm 25 on the CPZ act 1 leaderboard.

I know that won't last, but I'm surprised because it was only my second playthrough of that act.

Love this game so much, I don't want to speed through it and win it quickly, but it's so hard not to.