don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    But is that really Mega-Muck? Like all instances have been blue, and yet this is purple water.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yells of Happy Birthday Sonic enable the two to become Super Sonic.

Yeah, I could see this happening through the power of positive energy or some other deus ex machina.

3. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    With as many people bawwing in this thread, seems more likely Sonic would turn into X's Dark Super Sonic or Darkspines. I could certainly see that happening though, would be a great throwback to Sonic Adventure as well with the crowd cheering Sonic on while harnessing the positive energy, cliche but highly possible.

4. [​IMG]

I feel like I've already contributed way too much to this particular discussion.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Mabye it only poisons him if he drinks it lol

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The blue liquid and the purple pool seem to be two different things in both games, though. I' mean, they're a different color and all.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's probably easiest to assume that the purple stuff is the blue stuff that's been diluted by the water used for machine cooling. Water dilution would explain why the purple water's purple.

In any case, looks fun! I'm getting Lost World-esque water riding vibes :)

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well it's called Chemical Plant, not Mega Mack Plant, so who knows how many chemicals could potentially be produced there?

At least two.

9. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    Well sans any of the debating around CPZ, I have to say, it's just like I pictured it would be for the most part before it was actually announced. I really love way they handled the pipes for generic Sonics act. The water could look better but considering how good the rest of the stage looks it probably won't bother me while I'm playing. As for the debate about what the Time-Eater is, I don't think I would mind if it was Mephiles, especially considering, like others have said, that he was the only villain in the entire series that actually did manage to kill Sonic in any capacity.

10. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

Really looking forward to this, looks awesome. As for the megamack discussion, the deadly stuff is the same colour as water... it's clearly a chemical process that needs water to produce the toxin 'mega mack', it's highly likely that eggman would have more than one chemical in his plant.

11. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    On the Mega Mack discussion, I thought that stuff was only ever mentioned in the outdated western canon, anyhow? =V

12. It's in Fleetway's Stc too:

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Mack#cite_note-0

13. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    If Fang, Mighty and Ray made cameo appearances on wall posters in City Escape, it makes me wonder if they'll pop up in a background somewhere rendered in 3D... The interesting thing about Fang's poster is that it's actually a wanted poster which indicates he must be up to no good again. Maybe that's a clue for a future game or maybe even this one (but I doubt it for this one).

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I love that the Fang/Nack poster actually used both his Japanese and English names. It's a detail you can probably barely read in normal game play but it totally fits that an outlaw would have aliases.

15. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    Wait, what? I thought Mega Mack was the blue stuff?

16. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Shoulda mentioned that I see "western canon" as a sorta umbrella term for every American and European Sonic publication without going into the finer differences between sub-continuities of the time.

Besides, I severely doubt Sonic Team really would refer to either the old Western Manuals nor Fleetway's comics for continuity-references.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Isn't anything that SOA and SOE made up considered non-canon? I mean after all they just threw out whatever the japanese manuals had in them and just made up their own stupid shit back in the 90s. its only after adventure 1 that they finally started accepting whatever SOJ wrote up as main canon.

So this "mega-mack" stuff probably isn't even its real name or probably doesn't even do what it says in the US manual. it could be just purple water!

18. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Think about what a large body of water looks like from above. Dark and solid color. Now think what it looks like if you go underwater with goggles.

Yeah.

19. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I doubt dark blue water would look bright pink while underwater.

20. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I have a feeling that the pink water and the blue gunk are different substances. And perhaps later those blue sphere things that hurt you is something different, and probably the same thing Robotnik drops on you during the CPZ boss fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.