don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    So...about what time do you guys think it'll be online?

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Sometime next day perhaps? I know I'll be missing it because Sega probably won't release a PC demo.

3. gold lightning

gold lightning

The Sonic Generations Demo will include a level for BOTH Modern and Classic Sonic. Source:LINK

4. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

lol. they did a terrible job then. Either they didn't send them the feedback that matters, or Japan just said "Fuck this, we're keeping the physics like they are" and released the game. I would like to see a source on this though!

Well considering how the feedback for Sonic 4 went, I'm legitimately scared if this is what's going to happen to Generations.

Two different subtitles? Aren't they the same game?

[​IMG]

Never seen a sonic game do that before. (inb4 I'm proven wrong) (yes I know sonic games have been named differently according to region, but I've never seen a sonic game's subtitle be two completely different things on different consoles in the same region).

P.S. To the guy asking when the game will be on marketplace, I've always seen the japanese marketplace update at noon japan time, which is 4 hours from now, with the U.S. version launching 3 hours later, if it is released in the US tommorow. 3 Hours won't really mean much, but if you want to be the first to play it, go ahead.

5. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    That makes more sense, 600MB is too much for a single level.

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic World Adventure
    Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island

Unless you mean the 3DS and Console version getting a different subtitle.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Did anyone else notice that the demo ending in 20 days = + - 20th birthday   :v:

7. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    I really hope there is both Classic and Modern gameplay in the demo, as much as I'm excited for Classic gameplay I'm also very excited to play Modern Sonic as well. Both look fun and like I've said I like both gameplay styles. I really hope the demo goes on Steam and there is a PC version I really want to play this game! I'm really happy they are letting us play a demo for Sonic's birthday and hopefully this is a good chance for us to give Sega good constructive feedback to help improve the game further. Also the concept art posted earlier in the thread looks awesome, I really like the Eggman design and the early Cream / Blaze designs.

Not sure if its early designs of Cream that resemble Blaze or if Blaze had a lot of inspiration from Cream because I think I heard somewhere that at one point Cream was a entirely different animal. The designs look like a fox and a cat, I also love the robotic arm on Eggman thats a nice touch, its like a New Gen and Satam Eggman hybrid. They should have used that for Sonic 06 he's a lot more menacing and realistic looking than what the final result was. Where are those images coming from by the way? I had to catch up on the thread, I also love Oshima's early Sonic concept art.

As for Generations I'm really curious who this mysterious villain is....I'm getting a feeling lately its not Eggman as the actual one behind the time holes but someone else, and I don't think its 06 or monster of the week related either because this is something someone who is competent can only do in my opinion. Really looking forward to that demo, even if there is no PC version I can at least look forward to better quality videos and possibly clear music to hear from the game as well. Plus I'm sure you guys can have fun playing around with the rolling physics, and other things, and investigating the little details such as the animations Sonic and badniks do.

So either way I'm looking forward to this, I saw a video showing Crabmeats animations for walking and attacking and him falling over laughing at Sonic when he hurt him, it was absolutely adorable and I just love those little touches and additions this game has. I totally want a Crabmeat plushie now after seeing that video. Wonder what the other badniks do.

EDIT: I agree that its kind of lame that the demo is only available for 20 days but yeah I also thought of that, 20th Anniversary and 20 days thing too. Sega might have their reasons for it we may find out later on.

8. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Yeah that's probably a good idea so that people on Sonic Retro 2031 don't have to look too hard to find that ole' Generations demo :v: Have fun playing the demo, guys, I don't have an 360 or PS3 so I can't try it for myself.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Oh, so Modern IS in the demo? Huh.

I'm pretty sure it just locks itself, by the way, but I s'pose we'll see.

10. Ryuki

Ryuki

EPIC did pretty much the same thing with Gears Of War 3; purely for the tease n' Feedback. (Which worked out very, very well for them I have to say) I'm grateful to SEGA for even releasing a demo.

Also; that Game Masters 20th anniversary book? Awesome, but sometimes feels like they've just thrown together the articles and used the wiki to fill in the blanks. The mistakes are irritating to say the least. They used a screenshot from a completely different non-Sonic orientated game in the Sonic Chronicles article, and according to the "History Of Sonic" poster Sonic Mega Collection was released for the Game Gear in 2003. :specialed:
    Still happy with the purchase regardless~

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I cannot fucking wait for the demo to drop. Will it drop at midnight tonight, or early tomorrow morning?

Fucccccck I'm in pins and needles.

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

PSN updates in the late afternoons, between 6 and 7 usually. Someone said 5, but really it tends to be later.

13. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    and Xbox live?

I have both

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    LIVE always updates around like 3AM PST. Don't know about PSN though.

15. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

The Japanese Xbox Live Marketplace JUST Updated!

They just uploaded the new gamerpictures, the demo for Generations is probably uploading right now and will appear within the next hour or two.

If you have a japanese xbox live account, keep a sharp eye out. Otherwise, just wait till 3AM for it to come to the US store

16. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    So I just subscribed to 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for the "lowlow" price of $24.99.

For that, it had damn well better have both Cassic and Modern Sonic gameplay. I'd prefer having Modern play through City Escape, but I guess the updated Green Hill will suffice.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Wouldn't it be GOLD only? Because there is no reason for me to have a GOLD Japanese account (mines is Silver).

18. [​IMG]

Can we have a stream? Someone?!

PLEASE?!

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...Why not just get the $10 1 month option then?

20. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    Silly me. Didn't even know there were 1 month cards available. Even so, I subscribed via a prepaid card from the local Wal-Mart. There were only 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month cards on the shelf from what I could see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.