don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granville

Granville

US
    I'd forgotten about Dark Fortress. The bricks of the ruin are MUCH more detailed and natural looking than the Marble Zone ones! In your latest Youtube video with Mighty, I LOVE what you did to the background!

2. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Because it tries to change everything: art, layouts, palette's, enemies, gameplay features and let's not forget music - nothing will look closer to a genuine 'Sonic 4' on the actual hardware than Megamix does. This is what makes the hack so awesome.
    An original Genesis game also took a bunch of ppl with their own specific talents so MM proves that is what is needed to get great results.
    A single person can never excel at everything, a group effort can.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I didn't do anything with it—StephenUK did.

I'm rather irritated with the questions I'm getting in this topic because a majority of them were answered 30 pages ago. I'd rather this topic dies like it normally does until something of note is posted. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for people to be posting in it (which is the reason I had initially locked the topic).

4. Granville

Granville

US
    Ok, I won't ask any more questions since it bugs you.

5. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Fuck you. Shadow the Hedgehog was complete ownage. They finally perfected the engine, only to fuck it up again in Sonic The Hedgehog.

Anyway, my offtopicness aside, I hope I get to have a crack at playing it someday. You know I never stabbed you in the back, nor do I kiss your ass just to get what I want.

Now, a few pages back I noticed you removed the water ripple effect. Was that the effect used in the Japanese ROM, or had you integrated your own variant? Also, don't get crabby at me if this was answered already. There's 32 pages of complete crap to wade through before I can even get to anything relevant... plus, I have a bit of a bad memory. =P

6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Good lord, I missed all of this in two days? Wow. Oh well, at least I have the patience to wait for the next release.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It was quite the interesting two days. Like it or hate it you have to admit that at the very least.

Also just throwing this out there now. The drama's ended, Tweaker's decision is total, and I'm not sure if we're ever seeing another update but update or not we don't have any right now so why are we still posting in this topic. I going to let this die now.

8. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member

9. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Well hey we've been waiting longer for a new update on S1EE lol.

10. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    This wasn't two days, this was the last 22 hours.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Haha how true. I've been wondering about the fate of that hack for a while. That was full of awesome.

Also was the drama only over 22 hours? Hard to believe. Actually I guess it depends on when you believe the drama started. When the topic locked or when Tweaker released what turned out to be the worst thing for all of us in the end.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    But it started on the 4th, in 1 hour it will be the 7th.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The only "drama" is what you decide to call drama. Otherwise, it's simple human interaction. Funny how things work, eh? =P

I actually really don't know what I'll do at this point. What is certain is that I won't be telling the lot of you, that's for sure. :P

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Depends on what you call drama I suppose lol.

Hey surprises those are fun. It's like Christmas. (NOTE: No intention of sarcasm)

15. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Just as an FYI in the future, Tweaker is being representative here, but that doesn't mean the other team members just shrug off everything written in this topic. I can't speak for everyone else, but If you're pissing off Tweaker regarding Megamix, then you're pissing me off too. So if Tweaker's personality rubs you the wrong way and you think he's worth picking a fight with, think about whether it's worth picking a fight with me too.

16. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I think I can take you.

Not saying you're weak.

Just saying.

17. Jonny Axehandle

Jonny Axehandle

Man and machine and nothing there in between Oldbie
    It's a good way to make an old game fresh again. But the level design makes it feel like a modern Sonic game where you need to memorize a pattern in order to get anywhere. Example:

Build momentum...yay im having fun....spring that bounces you in the wrong direction out of nowhere

Dude what the fuck? That's just annoying as hell. Otherwise fun.

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It's been about a year since I played a build of this, and I fucking loved it. I finally downloaded this build and got around to trying it out, and I must say...it's a fucking treat. I've been playing a lot of classic Sonic lately, and this definitely fit in with all of that very nicely. I don't even think I'd ask for anything else to be put in (though I know it's been several months). I love being able to play Sonic 1 with the Megamix controls and what not, but the hack is just fuck-amazing. Your reworks of the tilesets are wonderful, yet still keep the same motif of the original. It's literally like playing an expansion pack, and there's so much replayability I'm sure my next door neighbor's shitting bricks at this very moment. Wonderful choice of music as well.

tl;dr: Thank you, Tweaker and crew. I love you guys. And I love this hack.

In before "suck up", because I truly respect the shit out of this project.

19. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    This started when someone said something in #retro to tweaker about Nineko blabbing about the latest build.

It happened at aprox 11PM US PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

so in 49 minutes it will be a whole day.

20. Wait, what the fuck did I miss? *reads the last 10 pages* So Nineko is a pussy, and people can't keep their traps shut. Blah, Megamix is too good for the lot of you, including myself anyways.

Now tell me, what did we learn from such experiences? 1) Don't piss Tweaker or any members of Team Megamix off. 2) Don't leak Megamix builds. 3) Know your role, and keep traps shut for all intents and purposes.

Too late now, isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.