don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before I had an account, I would lurk the forums for half hour or so. If anyone remembers, Sonic 65 "leaked" a fake build of Megamix 3.0. Everybody made a big deal. So what? Nobody cares if you get rickrolled a thousand times over. Now, you guys enjoy the leak, decide to make YouTube videos, and call yourself "THE MAKER OF MEGAMIX". But here on the forums, you act like such kiss-ups. Forgive me if I'm wrong here but... YOUR MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT A FEW KBS. Just get over it!

That is all.

2. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    And now it's time for "A Word from a Freakin' Legend!"

I hate backstabbers too, however I don't feel all this was warranted. Everyone's been fussed at, and everyone's complaining, sucking up, etc. Let's all just be nice to each other. No sarcasm, no bitching, no anything. Just be nice.

I for one understand how leaking stuff can make you mad. People have done that to me before. However the Megamix team might wanna swallow at least part of their pride because these YouTube videos are giving the project MORE publicity. Some professional developers actually leak things on purpose as a marketing tactic. I'd seriously give it a lot of thought. And I'll be one to confess -- I'm an evil person and have done plenty to get attention to things I wanted attention brought to. There is a brighter side to all of this.

And as for the annoying questions -- I get annoying questions about ProSonic that have been answered over and over, but I continue to answer them because it only gives my engine a more and more positive image. When you snap at people, some of the people who aren't blind followers (and I'm not naming names -- some of you people are very genuine as a matter of fact) will get turned off real fast. You don't want that, and there's no reason for it.

And for those who have backstabbed, you know who you are, and so do we. Regardless rather Megamix gets more publicity or not, you ought to be down right ashamed of yourselves. You drag your name through the mud when you do things like that, and as a result people lose all trust in you. Do you really want that? Be good, respectful people and KEEP YOUR WORD. A man's word is the most important thing he has.

So everyone here, just stop it right here. No more posts about this crap. No need to even say you agree with me or disagree. We're all more mature than this. If you have anything to say, say it about something in Megamix. And I strongly encourage the Megamix members to keep their cool and try to maintain composure. It's not the end of the world.

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Wise words from a Freakin' Legend.

I suggest you all listen.

BTW, remind me to kick nineko in the balls, if I go to Italy in a few years like I hope.

4. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    ...did you even listen to what he said?

5. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    *ahem*
    How long has Megamix been around anyway? I mean I've heard about it for years, but when did it actually start?

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Back when Tweaker was 14. 2005 maybe?

7. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    He used to be 14?? Wow!

I'd like to ask him how long it took to implement that... I forget what it's called... the attack move where you automatically move towards your enemy... you guys know what I'm talking about. Well anyway, I imagine he had to check every enemy's position, either that or program every enemy to check a single variable in RAM and store it's X/Y position if it's closer.

8. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    Like that time you tried to go out with 3 different girls at the same time? =P
    Also, it is called the homing attack, which was introduced, I belive, in Sonic Adventure, probably the only good 3D Sonic game to this date.

9. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I think it is more like: it checks Sonic's location in the X/Y axis, compares his to to the enemies X/Y axis, and depending on the location of both, sonic is shot of at a specific angle.

-------------------

edit: removed by request...

10. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I am guessing Tweaker used the CalcSine procedure in the source. I've looked at that, and it provides the kind of functionality you describe.

11. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Well S3K has a Sine and a Tangent table, so maybe it utilizes something similar.

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Actually, it was Stealth who implemented that.

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    So does S1/S2, under different names I believe. =P
    those handle angles, so it is possible.

14. OverKlockD

OverKlockD

Tweaker have you considered adding the s3k hcz water surface effect to misty maze zone. I think it would fit great especially if you made a seperate background section for undrwater.

15. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    This is actually a nice idea, however by the looks of things, with the current layout, it would be quite a challenge to actually use it. Although I don't think Tweaker is taking in any suggestions at this point in time. =P

16. Upthorn

Upthorn

TAS Tech Member
    I know I'm late to the trainwreck, but
    I have to agree with this. Whether or not I agree with the reasons Tweaker got pissed off, him being pissed off is never going to improve the mood of anyone else on team Megamix. So yeah, if somebody pisses Tweaker off, the rest of us are going to be annoyed at the very least. Same goes for pissing off puto, jman, nova, aquaslash, or any active member of the team.

You know, I used to have a lot of respect for you, because of the goal you seemed to have with prosonic. Well, that and a fairly skewed perception of the sonic hacking community, and hacking communities in general.

Even now, I don't want to completely alienate you, because it's nice to have somebody here who isn't just a bitter old asshole.

However, your recent posts here in this thread require that I tell you a couple of things.
    1) You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
    2) Shut the fuck up in this thread, you fucking moron.
    3) Stop the self-aggrandizing bullshit, too. You can have it when you earn it.
    4) IF and only if you make good on your promises for ProSonic, some good may yet come of your involvement in this community.

Also, now that I'm up to date on the situation, it looks to me like the moral of the story is that Nineko is an asshole, and tweaker needs to consult his team members before doing crazy shit like making leaks official.

Additionally, I'd recommend that this topic be locked again for a while—a couple weeks to a month, perhaps—until this whole situation dies down and we aren't liable to get 10 pages of posts per day of drivel about the drama.

17. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I can't control you all, but we've been doing REALLY good up until the (post above the) last post. I'm ignoring it, and I hope others do the same.

I agree that would be really neat. I always liked that trick myself. But as Sephiroth said, I don't think Tweaker's really taking any suggestions at the moment. But it's a good one I think =)

18. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Yeah, I found that out because I suggested he make a Brawl option.....

Also, Happy 1000th post, Saxman.

19. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Oh crap, it is! YAY ME! =D

20. I quickly searched through this thread and didn't see what I was looking for, so could somebody from Team Megamix list the current BGM selection as of version 3.0? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.