don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I just watched the videos, and what I just saw was one of those Sonic games like Fan Remix where I say to myself "this looks 10x better than anything Sega could make today", except this time it's ACTUALLY made by Sega. Un-fucking-believable!

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Seeing that game play trailer, seems sega failed my expectations by making alot of design mistakes...
    to point a few out, sonics scale so small compared to the environmental models, vs the original games environmental objects.
    as well as pulling the camera so far back making, sonic into a small little dot.

also the game-play looks stiff like unleashed / colors. (which doesn't really seem classic at all)
    Some birthday,,,,
    wish it got the nice treatment megaman 8 got back in the Saturn days, now that was a decent graphical upgrade from 8 bit to 32, all while retaining the original games feeling.

Sigh,,,,,,,,just as I thought. another failed sonic game however with nice graphics.
    I have a saying, even the little things count.
    I really feel that if they can't get the little things correct than the final product will feel so very off.

Fan remix most likely kicks this games ass gameplay wise....
    mark my words another recycled unleashed / colors engine, without many physics improvements in the 2D areas.

3. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    It's impossible to have someone completely dismiss the game in a Retro thread!

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not only that, they work like yellow springs too! Animation and all!

Also, Jimmy pointed this out to me earlier. I hope it's fixed later on. It does just look under construction at the moment, like Sonic's painted on mouth in early Unleashed shots.
    [​IMG]

5. bolt7

bolt7

You're missing the final bit;

All I can imagine is that it'll be something akin to Sonic + - Rush Adventure   ; the big surprise at the end will possibly be along the lines of "oh no, the Robotnik / Eggman's did it!" It's fine with me though, to be honest. As long as this 'mysterious new enemy' is something cool rather than another one of Godzilla's stunt doubles.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    No physics improvements? Am I the only one that thinks it's way too early to make that kind of judgement in the face of such elements like Spin Dash and Enemy Bounce Fiziks?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Seeing as how the game comes out around Christmas, I think it's safe to say that the textures are still under construction. I noticed that too, some of the textures for the eyes and mouth used in the demo are absolutely horrendous, very faded out and blurry. Also does Classic Sonic's mouth look a little... off? I really don't like the teeth, way too prominent. It's odd seeing as how the CG trailer classic Sonic looks very different, and these days Sega seems to have some consistency between in game models and CG models, this isn't the Heroes era anymore.

Oh dear god are we going to revisit the Heroes era?

Also (PREPARE YOURSELF TOTAL PIXEL FAG COMMENT AHOY) why is it that the light dot in classic Sonic's eye on the bottom left as opposed to the top right? It's as if the eye is like rotated 180 for no reason

8. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    You know what would be really cool about the surprise though...? If it was the one rendition of Robotnik that could be called a total monster. [/high fucking hopes]

9. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Gamespot actually had an image of the classic Sonic model up close and I can see what he's talking about. He had incredibly low res textures for his eyes. I can't find the image anymore, though.

EDIT: Found it, it was actually an up close shot of this image.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/son.../3/?full_size=1

Also, Gamespot has two images I didn't see anywhere else.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/son...low%3Bthumb%3B1

The first two images...

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    What, Fleetway's? + - FUCK YOU MAN, YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE SATISFACTION HNNNG  

Anyways, this is getting better and better. Love Sonic doing the Oshima poses in the beginning, just... beautiful.

11. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    You know, about the other characters... When they said characters could have "Gameplay elements", while playable is a possibility, they might more mean something like how Tails flies the Tornado in Sky Chase or Knuckles laughs and presses buttons or hinders your progress all through Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Appearances in gameplay like that might be what they mean.

Also, it just hit me that their tampering with their pasts and we're going to re-experience the Death Egg saga while it's going on but different because of the time travelling shenanigans.

12. serpx

serpx

What part of the physics bothered you? Looked a crap load better to me, compared to Sonic 4.

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ah, that Classic Robotnik signpost. Just wonderful!

I wonder if they will actually use the name Robotnik?

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm loving this.

Have you guys noticed how Classic uses flat springs and Modern uses those bumper-springs with the star?

The only odd thing I've noticed is how Classic uncurls after being launched into the air, but I'm still hoping that's the only thing being carried from Sonic 4.

15. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Yes. Judging just from video, the physics seem to be better than Sonic 4 Ep1. However, until we get a Demo, I can't be 100% sure.

16. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    I'm with you there man. It took me and nearly everyone else 2 seconds to notice Sonic 4s physics were a piece of shit, and the same time to see that the physics in Generations look really rather good! I see alot of attention to detail in there, like Sonic running up a ramp and rebounding off the underside of a monitor in a tree (for example).

My gut tells me this is going to be good, really good! They're really giving a shit now, this is serious business.

17. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    After I watched the Classic sonic footage, I was instantly reminded of this video, which is probably a good thing:)

18. NHY

NHY

Saw the link to gameplay footage earlier but Retro was down at the time.

When I saw it.... well......

[​IMG]

Words cannot describe what I saw. Fair play Sega, you have my full attention now and a day 1 purchase as well, when can I pre-order this?

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I didn't notice this until someone mentioned it.

Yea now that kind of bugs me. :/

20. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    I think we have alot to thank Blob Van Damme and Mercury/Pelikan for. If people hadn't spammed Sega to fuck with them videos, and if every second comment wasn't "SEGA sucks" or "This should be the real Sonic 4" I doubt we'd be seeing what we are today.

Oh and the complaining about Sonic 4 helped too, obviously. :)

Ohhhhh shit!

Fuck you Sega, the marriage is off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.