don't click here

Yuzo Koshiro at MAGFEST 11

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Icewarrior, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    So I just happened to learn that Yuzo Koshiro is going to host a panel at MAGFEST 11, with most importantly a Q&A session.
    Is anyone here attending MAGFEST11?

We really could use his thoughts about the possibility of a new Streets of Rage and the Streets of Rage Remake fangame release.

2. Tanks

Tanks

New fangame? Probably not happening.

But more on topic, where the fuck is it happening now? It was ~10 min from my house last time.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I was talking about a new official SOR game and also if he knew about the SORR fangame.

4. dsrb

dsrb

I really don't think the series will see anything else except an infinite number of emulated re-releases. Yuzo might not be the best person to ask, in any case.

As for SoRR, he probably has heard about it, but what is he expected to say? Anyway, if he has a Twitter or something, I thought that's how people normally seek the token and pretty meaningless seal of approval ("Yeah, I saw a bit of the game/heard some of the tracks, and Bomberlink/the remixers did really well"), rather than by sending an emissary to a convention or whatever.

5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

Yuzo is one of the cofounders of Ancient which produced the SOR series back in the 90's, I really don't see how he would not be the best person to ask, especially when he was the one who tried to convince SEGA to produce a 4th game.
    Can't hurt to ask, right?

6. dsrb

dsrb

Damn, I have gotten way out of the loop on my SoR history - carry on, in that case :)

7. I actually have my own booth at Magfest this year. I'll have to check this out.

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Someone ask him abut Sonic 1 (8 Bits). The game has some interesting similarities to early Sonic 1, like the singing sonic at the ending credits. It would be very interesting to ask him how much more things were like in the beta, but were changed in the final 16 bits and not in the 8.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'd stick with the music-related questions and your question would sound retarded when asking a composer.

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Music related indeed. The music of those games could give us a clue about early Sonic 1. Maybe they were planning about a jungle zone, for example, and asked yuzo to compose a jungle themed tune, but the level was scrapped for 16 bits and not to 8. things like that.