don't click here

Your Favourite Unnessecary Extra?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Asher, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Regardless, it's Silver Sonic from Sonic 2; if you take a good look at a ripped model, he shares several of his features, he's just dark gray instead and has more three-dimensional "quills".

As for my favorite extra... Hm... You know, I really can't think of what my favorite one would be at the moment, but I will at least name three that I don't believe anyone has named as of yet, all in SA2.

- The various reference-ridden ads scattered around the game's areas.

- In Crazy Gadget (if I remember correctly), there are black boxes with green X's on them; while their resemblance to XBox consoles is clearly unintentional, as the game preceded its existence, it's interesting how the green X's were made red in SA2:B.

- In Meteor Herd and/or Mad Space (forgot), there are objects that can be grabbed and thrown, as in other stages, but these ones are item boxes from PSO!

2. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    One I only just found out today:

In Sonic Advance 3, if you play as Sonic + Amy, it just so happens that Amy uses different walking and standing-still animations; specificly, a Sonic-CD-esque standing around with little love hearts floating up from her.

OMG KAWAII :specialed:

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    The levels in 360 Unleashed, they're so very very in depth. Tons of nooks and crannies to explores, and there's medals in most of them too! Every stage is like an adventure field.

Also the humans in Unleashed, how each one is its own character. I enjoyed talking to them all and learning about their adventures.

Random thing from Sonic 06. When Silver uses his PK, his quills spread, including the ones on his forehead.

4. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    [​IMG]
    I loved them, and hated them.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Oh god yes. Chao FTW. I especially loved the fact that you could make them look like different Sonic characters.

6. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Vanilla the Rabbit.

7. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    but then they took forever to raise, the races were frustrating,and chao adventure was pretty tedious =P

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

SA2 didn't take that long to beat though. Races stopped being a problem once I took all my chao up to level 99 before racing.

Mass feeding with Chao fruit is fun :D

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Big the Cat being run down by the big ass truck in city escape.

Best moment in Sonic ever.

10. The Omochao Gun.

11. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Pretty much the entire library of Knuckles' animations in HPZ and SSZ (When playing as Sonic). Actually, scratch that, let's just say the entire library of Knuckles' animations in S3&K when playing as Sonic.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    The rotating anal beads in Angel Island 1 (debug mode) are pretty cool.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The inclusion of sonic and tails were not suttle or an unnessecary extra, tails maybe a little more then knuckles but shit it was in no way suttle. :psyduck:

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Being able to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2 made the game kick even more ass than it had previously done. New ways to explore are always a plus in my book, along with reduced ring requirements in the Special Stages.

15. The reduced ring count disappointed me actually. It became too easy.

16. ShadowDog

ShadowDog

You can always have someone smack you over the head if you don't meet Sonic 2's normal ring requirements but do meet S2K's. That might make you nervous enough to not get enough rings.

17. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    I always liked how everything related to Sonic turned glowing yellow or colorful whenever you became Super/Hyper Sonic in Sonic 3 and Knuckles (life bar, balloons in CNZ, level ending Sonic post, etc).

Just a nice little extra thrown in. :)

18. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Since when are palette limitations extras?

19. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Those three robots in Eggmanland's hub. The ones named after Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure and Sonic 06's release dates. That and how the bgs in the old games always had something going on.

20. Zephyr

Zephyr

US

Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like Knuckles is doing the Hitler salute in this animation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.