Yakuza General

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    More news about Yakuza 7:
    I've gotta say, this sounds brilliant.

2. Xilla

Xilla

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Member
    Really really really really really not feeling excited for the change to turn-based.

3. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I ended up buying the digital copy of the collection to play Yakuza 3. Finished it on Monday, so now I've played all of the numbered games in the series since I started at 4.
    Despite people wanting to start at 0 or 1, after playing 3 I realized that you're not missing much if you start anywhere. In 3 it helps to know who Kazama is, but not having played the previous ones won't detract from the story because all major players are either new or don't have much backstory needed to understand what's going on. (I guess the one exception is Kiryu's relationship with Majima, since that is spread out over the series.) I'll probably pick up a physical copy next year so I have them all on PS4.

Turn based battles in 7 won't bother me, because I used to love turn based JRPG's and still do. But it's kind of shame since I also had grown to like the gameplay style - turn based battles are kind of slow and I liked how quickly you could go in an out of battle by the time Yakuza 6 had refined things so much.

4. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    May as well bump with the fact 3-6 have been announced for PC, along with my hopes that Denuvo will at least not be attached to the remasters, since I avoid Denuvo games like the plague.

5. Xilla

Xilla

It'll be interesting to see the changes they'll have to make to Yakuza 6. The Sony branding on things like Kiryu's phone will definitely be gone and of course theres also the baby calming mini game that makes full use of the PS4 controller features. There's also the RIZAP branding too and Don Quinote's been removed from Like a Dragon.

Speaking of LAD....

On Chapter 14 and still not really "doing it" for me! :V

6. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Bought it, installed it on the PS4, still haven't even booted it, such is my disdain for turn-based mechanics...

7. Xilla

Xilla

Surprised I've stuck with it this long to be honest, I've found the grinding to be an utter chore and the battles are just....boring to me. The story and other content is pretty much what's keeping me going, but I doubt I'll play it again once the credits roll.

Had issues with characters getting stuck in scenery whilst getting into position to attack and enemies punching right through solid walls (think I sent yourself an example of that on the Twits)....