don't click here

WindowsZone

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by MainMemory, Mar 31, 2010.

1. OK, to be honest with you, I don't know how to do NONE of that. I know where Sonic is in, I just want to know how EXACTLY to change the sprites and animations into pre-existing sprites I made.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    It would probably be 20x easier with a program, I had so much trouble lining up the rolling and pushing sprites manually.

3. Well, I don't have rolling sprites, so is there a way to edit Sonic so that he's a different character I make without the rolling?

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Nope. Eventually I may allow for people to program their own characters in .NET or allow you to remove rolling by editing the INI.

5. OK. Then I'll just take a shot at making Shadow while waiting for that.

6. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Maybe in future versions, Sonic can jump on top of file icons and use them as platforms?

7. Can anybody give me step-by-step instructions on how to change Sonic into Shadow? I'm also looking for Sonic the Hedgehog 3-style Shadow sprites so that it'd be easier.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Open a .png file containing a Sonic sprite.
    Replace it with the corresponding Shadow sprite.
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

Of course, you have to make sure that the pictures are the same size.

9. I know. That's why I'm asking for help finding the Sonic 3 Shadow sprites. I've seen people use them, but I don't know where they are. I already checked Google Images.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Doing that would be so complicated it's practically impossible.

11. That sucks. >:U Note how you said "practically." People said that it's impossible for cameo devices. Look at what the military has now! :P

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I know it's possible. However it would require an absurd amount of coding.

13. I know.

I need help now. I have the sprites, but how do I open the original Sonic sprites in paint? I can't move all the files into the desktop because it only works when in WinRAR, and I try to add the sprites into the file, but it says it'll only add RAR or Zip files. THAT'S WHY I NEED STEP-TO-STEP INSTRUCTIONS! >_>

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    It seems like you haven't even extracted the archive. I'd recommend extracting the files to a folder first.

15. No. I already have it extracted, and it still doesn't work. So that's why I just keep it in the WinRAR.

16. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    What did you extract — the whole archive or just the exe file?

17. The whole thing.

Here you go, Andlabs. This is the only thing that shows up:

[​IMG]

18. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Okay. Can you please edit your post to describe what happens when you try to run the program? (I'm telling you to edit the post because you're running up your trial posts.)

19. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    Please try running the program from an actual Explorer window instead of your fancy desktop thingy.

20. What? That's the only way I can try running it. >_>