don't click here

Wii Homebrew/Hacking

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Lostgame, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Isn't the 360 version 4.3GB?

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    If you hadn't noticed in the past half a year the game's been out, the Wii/PS2 version is a completely different game from the PS3/360 game.

And even if it wasn't, HD files tend to take up more space. Higher resolution textures and all, y'know.

3. No it's around 6gb. Barely any 360 games are that small

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Uhh.. It's 3.8GB actually.

5. Yuzu

Yuzu

And all of them 1280x1024 textures in the first level of the Wii version probably doesn't help the size.

6. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    www.wiibrew.org

Go there, look around, and you'll find tons of stuff as well as guides and whatnot. It's basically the core of Wii homebrew, so they get just about everything, except backup loaders. I'd say "Welcome to the scene!", but that'd be pretty lame, so I'll just wish you good luck and have fun.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No shit I own both versions. I just forgot the amount of space it took up. All I know is that with that game on my HD and all that DLC my HD is running out of space.

8. NickW

NickW

My bad.

9. Blitz

Blitz

¬.¬ Member
    UK
    The HedgehogHack (On hold)
    Apparently the Sonic unleashed PS2 ISO file is 4.36GB.

(I got it from Here)

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    [​IMG]

I'm stuck on v4.0U of the firmware and I'm sick of it dicking around with my installed WADs. Waninkoko's IOS Downgrader is outdated (or something) and won't work. I want to play Smash Bros 64, damn it.

Any help? Any help at all? I'm desperate here. How do I downgrade the firmware? Or is it even possible?

EDIT: I do recall there was a method that wasn't reliant on Nintendo's servers. Anyone have any ideas?

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    One thing I'm curious about: Do backup loaders allow you to play games with a lower version firmware than the game wants? Oh the irony, I would download a game just to avoid having to lose homebrew.

12. NickW

NickW

Yes. The only problem you may encounter is if the game requests an IOS that your Wii does not have installed (in this case you can just download that IOS/extract it from the disk and install it via Wad Manager).

Using Starfall or Preloader, or even Gecko OS you can also do this with retail disks too.

13. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Hey! They released an early beta of the Comex bannerbomb hack! I upgraded my wii to the 4.0 firmware a couple months back for some reason, felt stupid about it right afterwards.

But now that the bannerbomb is out, even I can softmod my wii and enable homebrew!
    http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

Any ideas for homebrew to run? Right now, I've got Snes9xGx, Genesis Plus, and Mplayer CE installed. I also have the homebrew browser, but that keeps crashing on me so I can't use it. I'm really hoping for a version of Genesis Plus that supports Sega CD iso files so I can play Megamix v 4.0 on my Wii.

Oh well, I guess I'm just limited to all the other megadrive and snes games I have roms for.