don't click here

What would you change in Sonic Games...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fiore, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I'd propose the next game be 'Sonic Armageddon' and feature Dr. Robotnik (not Eggman) killing off 90% of the excess characters, along with a complete lack of new characters, bottomless pits, and, eh, I'd have a bad guy try to upstage him, only for him to blow them up too and laugh evily. With that said, it'd also go lengths to destroy things that have a tendency of making bad stuff return later (The Ark, for example—they needed to destroy it, or at least make it unusuable for recycling).

Just a crazy idea, I guess. This is what I'd like in a Sonic game, if they were to truly put the series 'back to its roots.'

2. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    ... I'm guessing Metal_Man88 is a Dr. Robotnik fan big time. XD *brick'd*

3. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    Story: Take Mario's example and get rid of it, or at least tone it down to the point that each game is self contained. Adventure, Adventure 2, and Battle had what I believe to be the best explicit stories in the series, and they have little to no effect on any other game. Heroes and Shadow just destroy all the quality of Adventure 2 and Battle's stories. And it looks like Sonic Next will continue with the Machine Gun treatment the story has been getting since Heroes.

Characters: Reduce the Permanent Playable Cast to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. Reduce the Permanent Supporting Cast to Amy, Cream, Rogue, Robotnik, Metal, and the Chaotix. Keep other characters to One-shots, Cameos, and Multiplayer filler.

2-D Gameplay: I'm torn between S3K and Sadv3 for best 2-D Gameplay.
    2-D Level Design: Base it primarily on S1-K.

3-D Gameplay: I think the best 3-D gameplay the series has offered to date is Sonic, Tails, and Amy from SA1, and Sonic and Shadow from SA2.
    3-D Level Design: Stop placing levels over giant pits. And give Sonic some underwater 3-D levels.

The Chao: Expand Chao Raising from SA1 and SA2 into a stand alone game. I'm think like 8 Gardens, 16 Chao per garden, everything from Existing Chao raising. Maybe put it one the DS and allow Chao to be transfer from Sadv1, Sadv2, and Sonic Pinball Party.

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    There are plenty of issues I was prepared to rant about- linear level design, terrible physics, etc- but everyone else has summed those up rather nicely already, so I'd have to say my most eminent concern with the games is that the bosses are far too bland. Honestly, throughout the entire series, there hasn't been a single interesting boss. This was also a problem in the classic games; Eggman would sweep the area, rarely ever using more than one attack. The battle would play out in one of two methods:

1. Simply hit him repeatedly, or
    2. Wait for him to reappear/lower his guard, hit him 3-5 times

They were terribly dull and only broke the flow of the game. At least they tried back then; nowadays, we only get 3 or so proper boss battles ("Proper" being that the boss isn't a face-off against another character and isn't a Super fight), and they only serve as benchmarks for the story.

5. word

6. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    What I'd have in the ultimate Sonic game:
    Classic 2D gameplay (on all systems, not just portables).
    Only have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow playable (not with ShTH gameplay).
    Change Eggman's name back to Dr. Robotnik, and have him as the final boss.
    Super Sonic playable in stages.
    No more "Last Story" bullshit.
    Bring back Chao Gardens.

That'd be my dream game, but SEGA won't make it happen because they're busy raping their own series for it's 15th anniversary.

-Nick O.

P.S. Zidane's "Sonic Homos" wins. (I'm not gay. Seriously.)

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Modern systems are so embroiled in the fetish for 3D that people have had for the past eleven years that they can't do good 2D anymore - even the fecking shooters are 2.5D and it sucks.

WHY SHADOW?!

Um... if you want classic gameplay he has to be EVERY boss, not just the final one.

Yeah, and you should unlock him through collecting, say, seven of some sort of an object... a gem maybe... an EMERALD, perhaps...

Agreed.

NO

Nobody said you were. Insecure much?

8. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    Yeah, I meant having Special Stages, and Chaos Emeralds.

I'll omit Shadow.

Quickman, I never knew you were a Chao hater..

-Nick O.

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

Well.. I'd just go back to basic sonic:

Get rid of that smirk he has on every single box-art past sonic adventure

Have sonic barely saying anything. (It's also kind of awkward that a hedgehog has WAY more to say than Mario)

Songs that are actually catchy (None of that techno bullshit, or just-scratch-the-strings-on-an-electric-guitar stuff)

Amy going back to her school-girl look from sonic CD. (better yet, just ditch her)

10. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Bastards defaced the very concept of the Nightopians on which they were based. :(

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lets see what I'd do
    Sonic Tails and Knuckles would be the only playable characters and everyone would run fast, not just Sonic (Shadow and everyone else can go fuck themselves)
    Eggman would be the main boss again and would attack in his Eggmobile, no more of this weird boss shit (Although character battles are fun)
    Super Sonic is playable in levels again
    2.5D Sidescroller plz (try to fuck the camera up with that Sonic team. Oh, you'll find a way)
    really good graphics (no more of this low grade shit)
    Basic story lines
    Not alot of talking (Eggman can talk as much as he wants, since he's a person I guess. Sonic can blurb out a line or 2 I suppose)

Yet I know in my heart that this will never happen :(

12. Kage-Kami

Kage-Kami

Super Smash Bros. Melee adventure mode.

But with Sonic.

13. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    okay this is what I'd do... I just thought of this

Okay this contains spoilers from the latest Sonic game, the crappy StH2k6 one so if you haven't played don't read this post okay?

********* SPOILER ALER *********

First off... somehow, and maybe they were in the game but I'd have Rouge and Blaze become good friends. They wouldn't be playable, but they'd become friends and maybe help Sonic out a bit.. but that's it... then Blaze and Rouge would go back to Blaze's time together... never to be seen again =D (perhaps with Big too XD)

********* END SPOILER ALER *********

THEN... I'd have Dr Eggman looking for something... I don't know what yet, but something that he needs the 7 chaos emeralds to open. IF he opens it, it'll release chaos into the world... it can do other things, but that's the main thing Eggman wants... I think, hell I dunno, I'll think of it later... but he'd want to open it and to unlock it you need the 7 chaos emeralds.

For whatever reason, I'd want Shadow to want it as well. Shadow would want it because with it he can obtain... what? What does Shadow want?... maybe he finds out he doesn't have a soul... no that sucks... a heart... no Kingdom Heart did that =/ well whatever it is, Shadow wants to be whole and he needs to open the thing to do so. But of course, opening the thing will unleash chaos into the world. (okay I didn't give this as much thought as I'd hoped >.>) but he doesn't care, he's desperate.

Sonic would be the main playable character. Each level would have 2 acts with the possibility of special stages OMG! So yes, setup like Heroes only (get this) actually GOOD! I mean Heroes had the right idea, back to basic Sonic setup, but everything else sucked. The special stages would be good, actually good. Like the Sonic 2 ones, or I'd hae a few like Sonic 1, a few like Sonic 2 and a few like Sonic 3 and Knuckles...

Anywho, Sonic would meet up with Eggman and Shadow throughout the game. Eggman would be the boss in each stage except for one where you fight Shadow. Shadow's fight would be tough but if you win, Shadow dies... he fades away... kinda like Saix in Kingdom Hearts he'd be all angsty about it, "Why?... where is my... uh... soul or whatever I want...!" then he'd fade away. Sonic wouldn't give it a second thought...

In the end, Sonic would defeat Eggman... BUT Eggman would have a backup plan. Perhaps a 500 ft tall replica of himself which Sonic would need the chaos emeralds to defeat...

Tails would be playable in Sonic's levels as well, you could choose to play as Sonic or Tails and MAYBE Knuckles... I'm not sure yet. But it'd just be Sonic and Tails... and no one else... cept maybe Knuckles. No mechs, no shooting, no hunting, no ESP... nothing but SOnic goodness. The levels would have those little quirks like they're SUPPOSED to and be based of classic Genesis levels (some of them)

uh... yeah... that's most of it anyway XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.