don't click here

What Other Music Fit?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Jay T., Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I need to be posting here more often...I might as well start a topic.

Well, this is something that came to mind while playing a bunch of Sonic the Hedgehog hacks with swapped music like Sonic Megamix, Harder Levels, S Factor, and so on. It's quite surprising how many soundtracks from various games are remixed and put into the game so well. So, why not, a topic about it should be kind of cool. Apologies if a topic like this already exists in the back. I'm too lazy to check. XP

Basically, what other video game music in your opinion fits together with any Sonic the Hedgehog game or even would replace? It doesn't have to be a remixed version. Just music that is featured in a video game. That's all.

Hmm...it's a tough call for me really. Honestly, I would say "Let Mom Sleep" by Jet Set Radio, but I know many would most likely disagree with me. It's just that I sometimes play Sonic Unleashed (in Apotos or Spagonia) with that song playing. It makes it more fun, in my opinion.

I'm listening to the soundtrack, and I gotta say, Speed Freaks/Punks - City sounds kind of good. Aw man, I would love to play this game again. So many memories...well, there's emulator, but I don't have a controller (plus downloading PS roms are a PAIN).

Megaman X has a few tracks I'm sure of, but I can't be specific on any of them. I know one hacker put Magma Dragoon's music in their hack, which is awesome, and Sonic Boom has plenty of Megaman X tracks, umm...maybe Mega Man X4: Sky Lagoon (X)? I dunno.

What about you?

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    In Sonic CD, in Tidal Tempest I have 'Lockjaw's Saga' playing. Don't know why, but I was dicking around with the custom soundtrack ability and it fit. But yes, some Megaman music fits really well in Sonic games.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The entire Blinx soundtrack, plus some from 0D Beat Drop too, but considering the music in both games was written by Wave Master, I'm not surprised.

In fact, on my copy of Sonic CD I replaced the music with the Blinx soundtrack, and they fit surprisingly well.

4. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Do I even need to say 808 State?

5. ccat

ccat

I found that track Machine Gun by Noisia fits perfectly for an industrial zone - hell, there's even a remix of it nicely making up for a second act.
    That's the same song that happens to be in Wipeout HD Fury.

6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Thanks for finding me my new favorite band.

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Tengu Man's stage from Megaman 8 (the Saturn version) fits well with Stardust Speedway Present.

8. I don't know why, but Kingdom Hearts music works quite well with Sonic Unleashed in certain places.

Especially Destinys Force as the Day boss theme.

9. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I think the upbeat pop-rock/punk/ska style of a lot of the songs in Sonic Adventure 2 fit Sonic perfectly. I mean, Sonic basically was Tony Hawk in that game. And it fits perfectly - a rebellious Generation X teenage skater kid in a world full of corkscrews, loops, and ramps. The moment I saw him boarding around on City Escape with the song playing in the background, that's exactly what I thought of. Metal Harbor shares the same ska style.

Just play one of these during one of Sonic's early stages in SA2 (City Escape, Metal Harbor, Green Forest) and you'll see what I mean. In addition, pokecapn has a slew of videos with different songs that go well with the stages in Sonic Unleashed.

10. RevFirst

RevFirst

Not to sound painfully typical, but I recently felt Michael Jackson's 'Remember The Time' sounded like a Sonic3-style tune (therefore more fitting in a way) for Sandopolis Zone.

I'd post my Genesized version but I'm awful.

11. RevFirst

RevFirst

Nice, but I was actually referring to the instrumental while keeping the tone of his voice for an added layer. To get some idea, here's that awful Genesized tune I mentioned (from messing around in my new FL Studio).

And thanks for the Tubedubber. I edited the link.

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The entire soundtrack to Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit would work quite well in a Sonic game. It'd feel completely different, but not in a bad way.

This one kind of reminds me of Sonic CD:

This one does not:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.