don't click here

Virtua racing STE template

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by TheMVRules, Jun 17, 2009.

1. TheMVRules

TheMVRules

You still not have an Sega CD?! Member
    Linkoping
    Genesis homebrew, crappy STE templates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cannot fix that image
    [​IMG]
    Here.

2. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Heh, Good stuff!
    :thumbsup:

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hi, STE developer here :)

Very nice work, I'm impressed people actually ARE making templates for STE without me banging on about it in any way! If/when I ever get around to doing another release (and who knows what's on the cards... *waves hands spookily*), I'll throw this in the main distribution, if you're fine with that.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Which reminds me, make STE to don't require old runtimes if you release a new version =P

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I would love a MD/32x rom which swaps the red and white Formula with the 2p model, it's different but only p2 can ever play as it.

6. TheMVRules

TheMVRules

You still not have an Sega CD?! Member
    Linkoping
    Genesis homebrew, crappy STE templates
    Hopes you liked this host better than esnips.

When I got time, I will make an template for the sega 8bit bioses too, have even tried to hack them before so that's fine (well, the gg bios is art only, so I will make an template for it's security code)

I am.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    If I ever do release a new version, I have several plans for how I'd improve the app from top to bottom. Whether or not the VB6 runtimes being removed is different - it'd probably still be written in VB, unless I ever find an IDE in a language I can understand, is cross platform, and has VB's style of draw-a-form-and-write-the-code-beind-the-form (though I'd not be opposed to writing the button layouts in text so you could resize. Just so I can actually see the fucking thing)

8. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Doesn't Visual Studio Express still support Visual Basic... just a newer version? Although of course, it's Windows-only. You'd want to stay away from Visual Basic if you want cross-platform support though =S

BTW, the FLTK builds come with some kind of tool to make dialogs in a GUI and then code C++ for the objects. But still...

I better stop suggesting. It isn't my programming style =|

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    The difference between VB6 and VB7 is like the difference between night and day. It's enough of a change that you might as well just learn a language that isn't so frowned on =P

Which would be nice if me and C++ could ever get along. I've tried, I can't. Maybe something in Python...