don't click here

This has probably been noticed before...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gibbo, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    I noticed years ago, when playing Hydrocity on S3 or S3K, who's noticed in the background sometimes, statue like things of sonic? They look the same expect for the shoes. I now this has probably been noticed but I'm curious of what its meant. Maybe it supposed to be like the Hidden palace painting in S&K. Or it could just be part of the background.
    Anyway heres a shot of it.
    [​IMG]

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Wow, very observant of you. I think there are some Echidna statues in the bg of hydrocity too.

Hydrocity is probably the nicest looking zone in the game, very nice art, and that water surface parallax effect is awesome.

3. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Heh, I never noticed that one before. Nice one.

4. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I've seen this loads of times. I've just never understood why Sonic statues would be on the island to begin with, considering Knuckles didn't know who Sonic was. Statues would have been of recognised people, not complete strangers.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    well they also have the painting of sonic and the master emerald in HPZ.....

6. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    The water surface effect is in Launch Base as well, isn't it? But yeah, it's a cool effect =P

7. Shade

Shade

Yeah, I noticed this about a month or two ago, myself. Gotta love all the little details that went into this masterpeice of a game.

It seems Sonic's arrival was prophesized by the Echidna civilaization (Or an event similar to it in the past occured), judging by the mural in Hidden Palace and the statues in the subterranean temple area known as Hydrocity. Interesting stuff.

While we are on the subject, I might as well mention that when you go into the past in Sonic Adventure (You know, the temple area with the Echidnas and Tikal), the color scheme and overall look is very remeniscent of Marble Garden. It is my theory that Marble Garden is the ruins of that city (or one of them at least); And seeing as how Lost World is located directly below one of those temples in SA, and Hydrocity right below Marble Garden, it kinda seems like maybe Lost World is a type of nod or revisit to Hydrocity (Or a section of that general area on the Island). I loved SA's nods to the previous games. It all helped to lend to the Sonic-y feel the other 3D games have thus far managed to miss (Possibly baring Heroes, somewhat).

8. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    That's interesting. I've never seen those either. Sonic looks almost "halfway-super" on those statues.

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    K, guess I should've posted this all those months ago. only a few knew. =P

You have a good eye. Hope you get approved.

10. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    I remember this being posted about months ago, possibly on the old Sonic Classic board. To me, it looks like they've used two of the 'rotating' sprites that are used for Sonic when he's standing on the rotating cylinders in Hydrocity and Carnival Night. Or just one of the sprites, and mirrored it (see my post in the other topic)

11. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    Thanks for the replys everyone. I've never saw those Echidna Statues QJimbo I'm might have a look later.

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    ok where the fuck are the knuckles statues?

13. Shade

Shade

I have never seen any in all my years. Qjimbo, I'm not sure you are remembering correctly. If you are sure though, then pix plz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.