don't click here

These collisions are wrong...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hayate, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    No matter -what- I do, I just can't get SonED to overwrite OOZ's collision data with EHZs. Oh, and while I'm on the subject, some of the palette keeps flashing. How do I stop this? :huh:

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    SonED dosen't edit collision data, to overwrite it you can simply use hex. And to stop the cycling pallet for OOZ, open a hex editor, go to 1B92 and insert 4E75.

3. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Ok, I changed the pointer from OOZ's collisions to EHZ's. But the "oil sliding" effect still remains on some 128x128 tiles.

Well, that fixes the palette but screwes up some 8x8s (the flower heads). What's going on here?

Oh and the loops are f$?^ed up.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Yeah, that is programmed into the ROM so I cannot remove it. Just avoid using those tiles.

This isn't due to the rotating pallet, that is an animated pattern that doesn't exist in OOZ.

To make the loops work right you must place the correct tags near the loops. Open SonED to edit EHZ and look near the loops to see what objects you need.

5. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    But it's on some very important tiles... <_<

:wtf: The particular 8x8s affected were (I think) alright before I fixed the palette.

I used the same objects as I would in EHZ. But it doesn't work. <_<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.