don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. I prefer humans in Sonic much more in this style. Maria also just looks great as well.

2. RDNexus

RDNexus

She appeared recently? I must've missed it...

3. Yeah...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Maria looks really good and cute in this cartoon-ish style.

If SEGA ever decide to humans return to the games again, I think they should call Yui Karasuno for the designs...

4. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    I'll take that any day over Professor Dick-Nose.

5. RDNexus

RDNexus

Ohh... Now I remember that first art.
    The second one...only saw now. Nice.
    Can do with their current artstyle ^^

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I wish Unleashed had gone for that art style. It's cartoony, cute and charming without being a blatant Pixar riff.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sage is somewhat designed in a similar fashion to these drawings of Maria and the other one of Elise. That’s prob what they’re thinking these days style wise.

But I loved Unleashed’s designs out of every human design we had so far up until that point, those were the best.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Unleashed's humans were fucking hideous, I'm sorry. I may hate Elise but I'd take the Sonic Channel art style over Unleashed's any day

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Eh, to each their own. I’d rather some stylization than like, Barbie plastic people who say “Ey.” Could’ve been done better maybe but I still like it.

But I like Sage, and if they take that direction in the future with human characters I like that too. Like what they hoped to accomplish in SA1 but without the people looking like Mario 64 characters

10. It may slip past you because it was clarified in an edit, but he was referring to the style depicted in the Elise and Silver art, not 06.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah, ya I was thinking 06. But I also like this new style. I just like both.

12. Ura

Ura

Brazil
    "Crimson Angel - Honey the Cat" on AO3 (on Hiatus)
    This artstyle for humans is perfect, It's going to take some time to get used to short Elise tho. The story itself was also really fun, I'm very excited to see which characters we'll be getting next month

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Maria looks the sane as she always has in the eyes of many in those pictures though.

Probably why no one said anything.

14. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Not sure how much new information is in this video but DYKG released a pretty great look at the development of Sonic R today

15. MasterDreamcaster

MasterDreamcaster

Running Up That Green Hill Member
    I notice more and more similarities between Sonic CD and Sonic 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, levels with alliterative names:
    c439ba6d-5f58-4161-9fd7-00e38eaa9dbe.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sand Shower

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  16. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    Hey! We back in times when Quartz Quadrant was port of Dust Hill?

17. MasterDreamcaster

MasterDreamcaster

Running Up That Green Hill Member
    Time Travel was another shared concept of those two games.
    Developers of Sonic CD were making 4 variants of every level.
    While creators of Sonic 2 designed some stages which have similarities: Wood Zone is like past version of Metropolis Zone, music is the same.
    Hill Top – Emerald Hill in the past... Dinosaur robots appear in Hill Top and Hidden Palace, so those levels are probably the most ancient ones in terms of the original ideas for the game.

18. Pengi

Pengi

Both games involving time travel was a coincidence, same as Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic.

19. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I don't think it was a coincidence, as much as those likely being among the concepts and ideas suggested during the development of Sonic 1. When Sonic Team split for the development of Sonic 2 and CD, each half went on to try to implement them in their own way.

20. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    We now know Metal Sonic was also named Mecha Sonic at the start- that feels when put together with other similarities to be too much to be a coincidence. Sounds more like both games started with the same proposal or something, a shared starting point earlier than most people tend to suggest (so no assets etc) but still there.