don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That's awesome, and nobody noticed that before, at least as far as I know.
    Do you mind if I make a video about it?

2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I don't mind at all. :P

3. nineko

nineko

italy
    Knuckles Climbs On Nothing In Hydrocity Zone.

Thanks again, DalekSam :)

edit: oh btw:
    This bug was actually INTRODUCED with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, since you can't play as Knuckles in Sonic 3's Hydrocity :v:

4. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Awesome. Just, awesome. I think you just found the greatest S3K bug for this year.

Btw, nineko did a video. Can I put it on the Wiki? :v:

5. nineko

nineko

italy
    Of course, just use this optimised screenshot:
    [​IMG]

:)

6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Speaking of S3K, there is yet another glitch.
    [​IMG]

See those random pixels under the HUD? This happens with any character, and only in this Bonus Stage. In every version I have ever played, this isn't fixed. I don't know if its like that in plain Sonic and Knuckles though.

7. nineko

nineko

italy
    Yeah I noticed those garbage pixels since the first times I played the Sonic & Knuckles Collection, never figured out why they were there in the first place...

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This isn't so much a piece of knowledge as it is a hint to one - discovered something interesting in the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 EU Manual I scanned today.

We're all aware of this infamous page from Sonic 3's manual:

[​IMG]
    BEWARE OF ROBOTNIK USING SPEED TO TRAP SONIC IT'S NOT A COLLISION BUG HONEST LOLOLOLOL

However, what I find more interesting is the page before it:
    [​IMG]
    Is this referencing a bug that we either know about (in which case, which?) or are unaware of? o_O

9. nineko

nineko

italy
    There is a bug when playing as Tails in Sonic 3 alone. Since he doesn't go down the mountain with the snowboard, for some reasons Ice Cap 1 isn't set to wrap vertically, and Tails dies at the first slope inside the cave, as he crosses the bottom Y bound. This is fixed by entering the special stage with the first big ring, as the Y wrapping is enabled when you get back to the level.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh, of course.

Wow, that bug was known about at the point where they were writing the manuals? Jesus christ, S3 really WAS rushed wasn't it =P

11. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Well, I guess it's a time honoured tradition to use the manual to slap a plaster on the game's deficiencies.

I'll never complain about "Dr Eggman's budget cuts" again!

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Sonic 3, rushed? nah :P

13. ...I just realized something.

In the Sonic 3 & Knuckles Chronology, we know that Knuckles story is clearly after Sonics.

In Knuckles story, it seems Eggman is in place of EggRobo at ONE particular location, at Flying Battery Zone. Some believe this to be a mistake...

Well, I think it was on purpose.

Why do I say that?

When Sonic defeated the Death Egg, and destroyed Robotniks Mech, he could have managed to with detaching from the exploding mech, use his Eggmobile to reach his still floating battleship! Remember that it was never destroyed after Sonic's encounter on it!

Then his appearance is justified here! He had no where else to go after his Death Egg and Master Emerald was gone, so he went back to his Flying Battleship to think of another way to get the Emerald... when Knuckles showed up on his ship!

Thus, he had no choice but to rid himself of the Echidna personally. When he is defeated here...he finally retreats off the Island, abandoning all hope for the Master Emerald, thus why we never see him again!

Decent explanation?

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Jesus christ, dude. It's just a glitch.

15. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    And Egg Robo appears in the laser miniboss right before because...?

He runs away towards the boss arena just like Eggman, too. "Master Eggman! Master Eggman! Knuckles won't let me kill him :("

I don't really consider it a glitch, but more of an oversight. FBZ's boss is the only one (except Lava Reef's, but Knuckles doesn't fight that one... hmmhmmhmmmmm???) which uses different art for Eggman sitting on the pod. MHZ's boss turning into Eggman is a glitch, though.

16. nineko

nineko

italy
    There's also the first boss in LBZ2, and Knuckles can get there even without debug mode, as proven by GoldS.
    That boss is always Robotnik, probably because there is a running animation right before.
    [​IMG]

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Maybe not, since Eggrobo has a running animation at the end of the FBZ miniboss.

Seems odd they didn't use his 'bad ending' sprites for the FBZ 'facefoward' ones, they seemed more or less ideal. In fact considering how, unlike the other 'after credit ending' animations, those sprites were solely for that one use, it leaves suspicion as to whether they were made for something else in the game.

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Like I said, they probably just forgot about it. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was a very complex, very convoluted project. I'm surprised it turned out as good as it did.

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Super Fantasy Zone Stage 1 - Picknica:

Sounds familiar:

20. Regarding Knuckles' Robotnik encounter, I always assumed this was perfectly intentional, because half the time he's below the ground, where Knuckles can't see him. Even when he is defeated, he floats down as if avoiding Knuckles' line of vision. This was of course when I believed all the character's story's were simultaneous and parallel, like in Sonic 2.
    And yeah, that music does sound rather similar. VERY similar. I almost marked it as a coincidence, until it got to the end of the first part. Then I was like "Woah".