don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. charcoal

charcoal

The vocal samples featured in the background track to the initial Sonic 2006 TGS trailer, (0:50 onward), eventually also get used in the Wave Ocean (Water's Edge) (2:12 onward) track in the final game. They seem to be pitched up by some amount in the Wave Ocean track compared to the TGS trailer, but it's cool that they survived into the final game.

I've never actually seen this documented anywhere before, but I have no idea if this would have any place in the Retro wiki other than a trivia section, which are generally frowned upon, so I guess it can just go in this thread for now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It would go on a development page under music I suppose.

3. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Guys, am I seeing things?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Poor boy.

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Improving my art and studying Japanese
    Ah, the ps3 version of sonic mania was always a favourite of mine

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Have people got Mania running on the PS3? They made it run on the Wii U

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It was a weird decision to map the up button to running right.

7. BlueSkiesAM2

BlueSkiesAM2

Denmark
    This is true to the best of my memory. I was wondering why my first experience with Unleashed was renting the Wii version as opposed to buying it on Xbox. Now I remember that this was the case.

I just checked and my first achievement was December 1st. It does seem like a long time after release for me to get a Sonic game, but I was 13 so it’s not like I could get it myself.

It’s funny to see how hard I fell off the game. I got the air boost achievement on December 6th of 2008, and then the next achievement (S Rank) wasn’t until May 2010. Then the last achievement I got until getting an Xbox again for Frontiers was the Lightspeed Dash one a few days later. So I only completed 4 continents over the course of 1.5 years before I ended up buying the game again and beating it for PS3 last year. Maybe it was just a matter of me reaching an age where it didn’t have the same cool factor, but it’s interesting that I didn’t even beat it. I also didn’t beat Colors until two years ago or so despite owning it from day 1. Unleashed did finally capture me during the platinum process this summer though and I’m glad it did. It was the first thing I downloaded when I got the Series X.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022 at 12:12 PM