don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I sold it

I used to have this cart with its original box as well. I sold it many moons ago. I've been after another as I really like the artwork.

There was nothing different about the game, seemed to be a straight up S&K copy.

2. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Does anyone know who arranged the instrumental versions of 'Believe in Yourself' and 'Cosmic Eternity' from the Sonic CD 2011 remake?

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't know, but I wish they would have chosen different instruments for the voice replacement, or just removed it altogether karaoke style.

The very last part of the ending makes me cringe and shudder each time I listen to it. And the original has been one of my favorite videogame tracks of all time since the game's release.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I daresay Taxman probably knows =P

5. Faseeh

Faseeh

Think this goes here?

ASRT, NiGHTS, JSR, Space Channel, Crazy Taxi, Bass Fishing and more for pay what you want! Just a buck for these but you can pay a bit more for more games. :o

https://www.humblebundle.com/

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
  7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Cancelled intro for Sonic Chronicles has been found on SSMB.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACk9I_grPVw&feature=youtu.be&t=1m12s[/youtube]

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The Macy's thanksgiving parade had a group of gamer themed dancers that danced along to the sonic 1 invincibility theme for a bit

9. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    So, most of us know about the jump you can pull off at the start of CNZ2 to end up here:

[​IMG]

(ignore the HUD, this is S3Cz but there are no relevant changes here)

I always go for the jump, but probably manage it about 10% of those tries - done it a fair few times though.

Well today, I managed to time it so perfectly, I jumped right between the two sets of rings you see here, and landed on the spikes and died :v:

If I'd been a few pixels either way I'd have hit a ring and just lost my rings, or a few more pixels and I'd have avoided the spikes entirely. Didn't know it was even possible to do that before.

10. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    Speaking of things S3...

The secrets page (and everywhere else) lists an unused Eggman Object flying torwards the horizon, but only an incomplete set of it's sprites were mentioned. (makes video)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYi5taptZC4[/media]

11. Xilla

Xilla

Good to see that in action!

To me it's pretty obvious it would be used after Robotnik falls off screen after a defeat.

12. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    I always fancied the idea that it belonged at the end of Launch Base, with Robotnik chasing after his falling Death Egg in the distance. 100% speculation though.

13. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    I thought It'd go with the marble Garden boss, seeing as he has similar attacks to that anyway.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Awesome. Maybe the object id or its code could give us some clues on where it was supposed to be used?

EDIT: Also, does it change its depth in relation to the foreground and objects, according to how far away it is? Does it get through the Angel Island waterfall properly, for example?

15. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    According to a quote of code from my disassembly...

Code (Text):
    2.         dc.l Obj_HiddenMonitor
    3.         dc.l Obj_EggCapsule
    4.         dc.l Obj_KnucklesNPC
    5.         dc.l Obj_ICZRightTrampolineSupport
    6.         dc.l Obj_KnucklesButtons ; buttons used by Knuckles NPC
    7.         dc.l Obj_AIZIntro
    8.         dc.l Obj_SSRing
    9.         dc.l Obj_LBZ1MiniBossTrigger
    10. [b]     dc.l Obj_EggmanFlyOff   ; a lost object, seems to be Eggman flying away - found by Nemesis[/b]
    11.         dc.l Obj_GumballLevelInit
    12.         dc.l Obj_GumballBonusSprings
    13.         dc.l Obj_FinalBoss
    14.         dc.l Obj_CNZ2_SpecialBreakableBarrier ; causes a water rise when broken
    15.         dc.l Obj_CNZ2LightSwitch
    16.         dc.l Obj_Null       ; crashes game

The object's pointer is right at the end of the objects list, and it comes after LBZ1 Miniboss trigger. Could be that it would be used at the end of LBZ1.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...So that fight was probably quite different at that point, seeing how it occurs indoors and with Robotnik leaving early, in the final.

17. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    I wouldn't assume it's necessarily related to that - that's some pretty miscellaneous/bonus/cutsceney stuff around that area in general. Also, is "Obj_LBZ1MiniBossTrigger" just the restart-from-starpost spawner, or the boss itself?

Also, colour me excited about an actual S3 disassembly. :)

18. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Yeah, and there's a Knuckles Button right before the AIZ intro, doesn't mean that's how the intro was going to be triggered.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Found this image on Reddit, from the 1993 Japanese Grand Prix:

[​IMG]

I knew Sega had heavily promoted the British Grand Prix one year, but is Japan news to anyone else or am I just out of the loop on Sega's motorsports advertising =P

20. Xilla

Xilla

That's the 1993 European Grand Prix :) Held at Donington Park in England. They never sponsored either the British or the Japanese GP.

I believe the trophy was just for a photo opportunity. In the live footage Senna poses with the "Sega Cup", and then takes his place on the podium for the national anthems before being awarded the real trophy.