don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corneliab

corneliab

Wtf are you talking about. Sonic has never uncurled from a standard enemy kill. Go back and rewatch some footage.

The only issue regarding "uncurling" that has ever seemed to exist has involved being sent into the air from a slope.

2. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    All the more reason I must be right.

SEGA wouldn't delay 6 months to fix a problem they don't believe exists outside the heads of a handful of Sonic Retro whiners.

3. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Maybe some of the leaks were a subtle ploy by SEGA to elicit honest feedback from the fans. Leaking the whole game was probably unintentional, but you never know.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Except that this game is specifically targeted at those Sonic Retro whiners.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Good that it's delayed because now it might have a small chance of fixing things.

Can't believe this "announcement" was built up like this to just tell us it's delayed, lol sega you are dicks.

6. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    God, if Sonic 4 starts to fall down the path that Sonic X-Treme took, then I'm just giving up on Sega.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    You sound like a classic conspiracy theorist. I mean in the literal sense.

Present an argument. Someone presents a counter argument and you twist it somehow into proof that you're more right. That is literal conspiracy theorist attitude.

How you can turn "we're delaying the game to tweak it to get it just right" into "WE THINK THE GAME IS PERFECT AND WE'RE NOT GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING" is nothing short of astounding.

8. Tanks

Tanks

I kept trying and trying to type this up properly. Anyway, quoting simply because, once again, everything Aquaslash said, I agree with.

9. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Okay, this delay can either make the game BETTER, or not change anything. If it WASN'T delayed, then it could never have the chance TO improve.

Why are we complaining about the delay again?

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I admit I haven't seen the leaked vids in months already, but I seem to remember a big deal being about how it was impossible to chain-bop badniks anymore because Sonic uncurled after every hit. When Ruby claimed you could do it through most of the game without the homing attack, people questioned how because Sonic would be uncurled mid-chain.

11. So then, would SEGA say "our game was shit, so we'll make it better" in a press release. That would be the stupidest thing anyone could ever do.
    The press thought it was good. However, Ruby Eclipse has been in THIS forum. I think you'll find that there has been MASSES of criticisms . They have plenty to do if they're implementing everything we desire.
    Why do you hate this game so much? it hasn't even been released yet...

12. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I stopped believing THAT after green eyes bawwwww.

It's modern Sonic with modern "Eggman" using modern physics with a modern penchant for direct rehash.

The only thing classic about this game is the title.

13. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    I highly doubt enough people have pirated the preview version of the game to warrant sega delaying it solely to add stuff and malign the early build.

I'm just waiting to see what comes at this point.

Besides, I'll have Blur in 5 days and that'll take up most of my summer anyway... as long as they retain an option to keep static power-up spawns.

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'll give SEGA a little credit. They're actually delaying a Sonic game for once. I honestly can't recall a time they ever did that, they always have these games develop within strict time frames, no ifs ands or buts.

15. corneliab

corneliab

That's like, totally incorrect. People were bitching because of the claim that merely "most" and not "all" of the game could be completed without the homing attack.

16. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I think it looks pretty amazing, to be honest. It looks like they've shortened his spines, too.

17. Tanks

Tanks

This game was never targeted at Sonic Retro. This was targeted at the usual sugar high six year olds with a couple of candies left over for us seasoned Sonic fans. That's it. That's all it ever was.

18. THIS is the big news? Some cheap trailer, reveal of it coming to the iPhone (BIG SURPRISE, ...not) and news that it's now delayed?? What the hell, the game was finished and leaked weeks ago, how can it go from finished to OH WE NEED MOAR TIEM!! And again, the fact they hyped this as big news? Who are they getting lessons from? The Duke Nukem Forever Team?

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I wish they didn't use the same shitty music from the last two trailers.

20. corneliab

corneliab

Uh, I thought it was targeted at the people who played Sonic way back in the day but have since given up on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.