don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serpx

serpx

Moreso this. Though, personally, if the Unleashed models had black eyes, they'd be classic-looking to me. It's subjective.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I just posted the Unleashed Tails model without an expression set, and cell shading. This is the most dead expression the model can possible have.

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I meant something more along the lines of "Drawn" things, with outlines and what not. The graphics in that game just look like sprites.

Topic time: Tails looks okay to me - he's not the best looking Tails I've seen, but still pretty good overall. The Tails that was closest to the classics was in Sonic Adventure, really.

4. Then why does he look like he's smiling?

He's like the fucking Mona Lisa. Looks a smile, but it's not... Unless the default expression is a smile, for some reason.

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

The default for Tails is a smile. This is the exact smile he does nearly the whole game except when talking, but according to Volpino it's a dead expression.

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    We probably won't see much of his mouth or that much expression (if Sonic's is anything to go by) in game, anyway. So it's a rather moot point, I think, guys. :p

7. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Shame Knuckles wasn't in Unleashed, so we can't just 'shop his textures and see what we'll get. I'm actually eager to see when he starts showing up in an episode, since I wanted him playable from the beginning.

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Going by the fact that Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are all their Sonic Channel CGI model in Unleashed Knuckles will look like this except without any detail and just cellshaded.

[​IMG]

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...He looks somewhat similar to Mighty in that first pose, doesn't he?

EDIT: Omg blue eyes?

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Those super-thin dreads are rather odd-looking on Knuckles. Plus, I think the "dumb look" that Knuckles has had lately (as seen in Sonic X, Shadow, Riders and Nextgen) seems to stem from the fact that his feet stand completely straight-forward but he's bowlegged at the same time. Seriously, what.

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    They look more purple to me.

That's actually a nice model, I have no problems with it.

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Purple. Knuckles has had purple eyes since Adventure.

And I honestly couldn't give a shit about the exact shade of blue/yellow/red Sonic/Tails/Knuckles is supposed to be. As long as Sonic is blue, Tails is yellow, and Knuckles is red, I don't care.

The mockup Tails model looks fine to me. The game looks fine to me. Not great, but fine.

That's about a week's worth of posts from me. See you next week.

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hm. Okay, there is one thing wrong with that Tails model: Soulless eyes. They're just black with a blue corona. I guess he could also look fat, stubby, and have orange-to-red gradient fur for maximum retro, but it won't change one iota of the gameplay. Look nice? Sure. If they made some neat new fanart all Naoto Oshima style, that'd be neat. Base new models off those styles and make an even more palatable retro-game? Sure. Nothing wrong with that. But then I don't see much wrong with the new models that merits legitimate complaint.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The thing wit the dreads and strange feet positioning are only a problem in the T-pose. When he's animated he'll look much nicer. I wonder if he'd have wheel-o-feet in S4 or if they'd pull an Advance 1.

15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    They better pull a wheel-of-feet; it'd be so awesome and you know it. :colbert:

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I actually had to do a double-take when I first saw it, it looks a lot like it.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    The worst part about download games is that once you pay for it, you have no way of telling the company financially "wow, I don't want this". Now since SEGA is like every other company in the world and decides what to do next based on their sales. Now everyone knows this game is going to sell like hotcakes because let's face it, the PR crew has done a damn fine job spinning the hell out of this game.

But there is a vicious problem with this - SEGA has no way of knowing if the people who bought the game would buy it again. This can be fixed by adding a "Refund" option (only available for the first hour) that deletes the game from your drive/console and refunds your money, or credits it towards something else (much more likely). This way we don't get Sonic 4: Episode 2, Super Auto-Play Edition DX booster cut.

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Reminder: XBLA has a trial option for every game so people don't have to buy it to know if it's shit, and there's a rating system so people can give it one star if they don't like it. I'm not familiar with PSN and I know the Wii lacks these features, but XBL, at least, has systems in place for both your points.

19. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    There are a handful of demos for WiiWare games on the online shop channel, unless that's changed recently.

20. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Remember the sonic unleashed demo?
    "wow this level is really fun I should buy this" then 2 days later, upon getting the full game... "what the hell is this shit?" What happened to that wonderful demo I played?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.