don't click here

"The Sonic Olympics"

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Squints, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I just saw that a Sonic fansite called Sonic Cage Dome was organizing a first-annual Sonic Olympics competition. The competition is going to consist of several events, including live multiplayer and both live and recorded time attack. The website organizing the event can be found here. There is a brief description there and a short video describing the event, as well as showing what some of the competitions will look like. The competition, though, is only open to five communities, most likely on a first-come-first-served basis. So, are enough people here interested enough to look at this seriously, or would it just not be worth the time?

2. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
  3. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    I'd be up for that. I'm legendary at 2 player Sonic 2. I know the locations of every single teleporter box (which you HAVE to use on 2 player netplay, random doesn't work. Teleporter only :D), and frustrate my friends to no end by using them to great effect. :P

4. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    I'd be down for it. That seems like a pretty cool idea.

5. IcePak

IcePak

I might only be a trial-member, but I'm pretty good when it comes to playing Sonic games, and would love to enter that competition. So if you want another volenteer, then I'm definitely up for this.

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sounds like a stupid idea to me, but hey that's just my opinion.

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Wasn't Kaillera perma-down for a while? It's back up?

Personally I'd bring it on with Sonic Advance 2. But I've never tried the old-schools too much competitively.

8. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Kaillera's back up now. And it was just the server that finds, and pings the public servers. If you had the IP for a server you could still connect to it via that. :P

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I will pwn you all in Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic 2 (coincidentally =P). C'mon, bring it. =P

10. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

You wish.

<_<

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You think I'm playing around? I'll netplay right now and pwn you. =P

12. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

....bring it on.

13. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Wow, maybe we should forget about their competition and start our own! I'd love to see some of these netplay bouts recorded.

And that's why I posted it as a suggestion. I actually got a lot more positive replies than I expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.