don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Shman

Shman

Apparently the name "Shman" is more common than I Member
    In all honesty, I think the Lara-Su Chronicles is a good idea in theory, but it's not going to work for the following reasons:

• Ken Penders is a douche
    • The artwork sucks
    • It's not Penders' property to use anyway

Ian Flynn could write a kickass (not to mention legal) Lara-Su miniseries or graphic novel. I think he should fucking do it once this shitstorm blows over.

2. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    I don't think that's ever going to be likely, unfortunately. But agreed, I don't think this series will be going far either, for that matter.

3. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    My reaction when

This is the worst bit of art I perhaps have ever seen. Makes Many Hands look like fucking Leonardo Da Vinci. Bloody hell.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    It IS Penders' property to use. That's the whole point of the last three years. Denial results in nothing, the material is his.

5. Quarterman

Quarterman

For all the good it'll do. I reckon he'll release this travesty graphic novel, it'll sell 12 copies, and that'll be the end of it.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Unfortunately it'll probably sell more than that, simply because of people wanting to own such an amazing train wreck so horrible you just can't look away lol

7. Quarterman

Quarterman

I reckon more will be pirating the thing than spending money.

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I don't think it really matters.

For that matter, is there really any use for this topic until he releases something? I mean. I guess I don't need to close it, but if it's gonna just be a bunch of teeth gnashing over what's already happened, I mean... this isn't the "I HATE KEN PENDERS" fanclub.

As much as I dislike Ken Penders' work and behavior myself, heh.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh dear lord...

We have fucking audio of this mess.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm running mac, which is why I'm assuming it's not working for me. Oh well, not sure how much of that stuff I would be able to handle listening to anyway. If anyone wants to summarize what goes down, that'd be cool.

11. VLC media player works just fine to play the audio, I'm currently listening, but I'm legally illiterate so I probably won't be making any posts about it. But I do hope that someone with VLC media player will be able to handle this more properly.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    https://mega.co.nz/#!wMkD1IQS!WLqy-FSKOxeg-VuEZAYnsgiOzzMCBUF3-7VCVU7-dx8

Converted to mp3 if anyone wants it. I'm not interested enough to listen to the whole thing, but from what I did listed to it sounds like the Judge is pretty annoyed.

13. I started listening to this in the background while working, and I'd have to agree that the judge sounds a bit annoyed so far (I'm at about 25 minutes or something). Also, it sounds like Pender's legal counsel (he apparently wasn't there himself. is this normal? I'm not a legal expert) are highly unprepared, as they seem to know little about the case against Archie in New York's courts or even what the sales of the Chronicles game even were. (A quick google search shows that it's at about 0.86 mil globally. EDIT:Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/14440/sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood/ )

Why am I not surprised by that?

EDIT: They didn't even know when the Archie case was resolved. The date. The first thing that the attorney for Sega and EA (they're apparently sharing one? I guess I wasn't paying attention earlier because that struck me as odd) did was share the date. She knew it. Sega was only indirectly connected to the Archie case (since it was really about Archie's past screwups biting them in the ass) and EA didn't have any reason to be interested until it was clear that this case would be able to proceed. And their attorney knew the date. So, either Penders doesn't care enough about how law works to make sure that his lawyers are well-informed or his lawyers don't care. Or maybe a little of both.

Either way, I get the feeling that popcorn may come in handy as this continues.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    New article about the EA case is up over at the place that cant be named.

15. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Here's the article itself for the interested:
    [snip]

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Guys, please don't post stuff from TSSZ; it's banned and you know it is.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not to be that guy but it is the only place covering the trial. That's the one thing they're good for.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    And why do you think that is?

Because no one should give a flying drizzle about Ken Penders and his pedophile mustache... unironically anyway. I'm not going to say stop talking about it here (that'd be silly), but unless Sega flatout loses to Penders, there's really nothing to see here.

Also note that Retro really doesn't focus on the comic universe, but that's nothing new.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean I think this is interesting in the way that like, a trainwreck is. Since that's really all this is, one giant trainwreck. It's like watching a toddler want the ball another kid's playing with only with lawyers.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    When something of actual relevance comes up, more places than just Fluffy Kittens will post about it.