don't click here

Tails Doll

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Glisp, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]

Ah, Sonicola. You're sorely missed, Knux & Koji =P

2. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    One of the funny yet also creepy aspects of Tails Doll I like is that when he comes in fourth or fifth place he just lays on the ground motionless. It makes me laugh and creeps me out a little too. I have no idea who the fucking retad was who started the Tails Doll curse thing but whomever it was must have been on a drug trip or something because some of the Tails Doll curse stories are stupid.

Hardcore Sonic Fans take things too seriously in my opinion. I'm actually friends with one of those "Hardcore Sonic Fanboys." He's better than some of the other fanboys out there because he's actually played the Genesis games but he's still a fanboy and even liked Sonic 06'! That's just preposterous! Someone would have to be insane to like that little ball of shit. At least he's getting familiar with Old Genesis classics he missed back in the day with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection .

3. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Didn't something like this happen in Sonic Adventure, on like that one stage on the ship. Forgive me for not knowing the level name specifically because I haven't played that game in like forever.

If I recall correctly, the mission goal was to shoot the one singular Sonic doll at the end of the level, and there were numerous knuckles and tails dolls along the way, though I might be mis-remembering.

4. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Yeah, I remember that.

E-102 - Action Stage # 1 - Final Egg

5. Thewoog

Thewoog

Nah, tails doll shouldn't return. Weegee killed him anyways.

I agree that metal Knux should come back.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Eh, Metal Knuckles is equally overrated. Certainly has no personality. Only real thing he has is that he's a robot and he looks kinda cool. Tails Doll doesn't have the robot aspect but is otherwise the same.

That said, I wouldn't be against the occasional Tails Doll cameo gag, maybe something like the "final great soldier" gag from Gunstar Heroes.

7. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE???

I like Tails Doll, cos its freaky. Its a WTF character that I think would lose a little of its charm if it was used again.

8. In Weegee we have a meme even worse then anything to come out of the Sonic series.

Well done, Mario Is Missing.

9. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Metal Sonic is exactly the same unless you count Heroes, and it was established that his personality went bye-bye after that game again.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I dunno, I allow for Metal Sonic because it gives Sonic himself, the main character of the series, an actual rival and near-equal to face off against (yeah, Shadow...you faker).

Metal Knuckles less so because Knuckles himself doesn't really belong everywhere, and it would be weird to have one of him without also something for, say, Tails, to balance it out. I dunno, I just always liked Tails more than Knuckles.

11. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

A totally insignificant character, added nothing to the series.

12. This.

It's a damn doll. People are bitching that there are too many characters—many with their own personalities, and you wanna bring this garbage back? Oxymorons.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

HAHA. True. Just have Tail doll kill most of them off...or pull a STAR TREK (the 2009 Movie). I'd be fine with them destroying everything we know about the Sonic universe and recreate it from the bottom up....but have ONE and only ONE character travel to and get stuck in the alternate universe....and it can't be Sonic (although he can still be his badass self like Kirk).

14. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    took nothing away from the series, either.

Its funny how everyone is bashing Tails Doll for having no personality when a majority of Sonic characters did not GET personalities of their own until long after this game.

Jesus, it was a joke character people. I expected most of these posts to be less inclined to "NU TAILS DOLL IS USELESS" and more inclined to "Why? Tails doll was irrelevant."

Because when it comes down to it, who cares if the TD pops up in a later game? Really now, you can say something is unnecessary, but you can't say it wouldn't work if it is implemented. Video Games in general being an example of this maxim.

15. For a fanbase that complains about unneccessary characters, you can't see how adding a totally irellevant character back for the sake of fanwankery wouldn't go down well?

Tails Doll is a one trick pony in that's it's a mute, strange thing with no backstory or any sort of explanation at all. Probably the only reason this topic exists is because certain parts of the fanbase took it upon themselves to make their own backstory and subsequent story for the character.

16. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    This. Hell, if anything, he was probably only in Sonic R because Sonic had an upgraded artificial version of himself in Metal Sonic, Knuckles had Metal Knuckles and Eggman had Eggrobo. Come to think of it, if Amy didn't suck so much ass in that game, she'd probably have a clone too.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I have nothing against the series having a lot of characters. A lot of series do. For some the ridiculous number of characters is a major reason for their appeal.

I just don't want to have to play as 100 different characters in a single game. Important distinction!

18. I love the Tails doll. But just like someone else said, he works as a one time "WTF" factor in Sonic R. It was so random and creepy the first time I saw the Tails doll! But bringing him back accomplishes nothing.

I would love to see Sonic Team remember him in the form of a tiny cameo, though.

19. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Give it time. Since a lot of the major characters have clones/metal forms, I'm sure a Metal Amy or some equivalent will appear in the future. It's bound to happen. :psyduck:

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh god. Obligatory quote from an OLD OLD OLD Area 51 page...

<!--QuoteBegin-KojiChao+ July 2002, Area51 Message Board--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KojiChao @ July 2002, Area51 Message Board)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Eggman: *cackles with insane glee* They thought it couldn't be done... They laughed at me... But, now THEY will be the one to fear ME!

*flash of lightning as the camera pans off to zoom in on a pinky metallic hedgehog bot*

Eggman: *chucks a Blue Chaos Emerald into it's chest* Now... Let's see how this works...! AMY!

*The bot's eyes flicker to life, giving off an eery blue glare in it's black devoid eyes*

Amy: *Heard through a radio* Heya, Dr. Eggman! This is a cute robot you have here!

Eggman: *eyetwitches* It's not Cute! It's evil, menacing, destructive and... .... *he frowns* Cute...

*The bot begins to advance slightly, obviously bigger than a normal Hedgehog, and a bit taller than Eggman himself. A panel opens on the chest, and Amy's head pops out*

Amy: * Do you think you could put a ribbon on it? You know... to--

Eggman: *Shoves the panel closed in the Hedgehog's face* Ehh, later... Just remember what we agreed on!

Amy: *Owfh!* * Don't be so rough........Alright!!

Eggman: You can keep Sonic, as long as you make sure he stays away from my plans! This Mech should enhance your speed, your power, and make it even more difficult for Sonic to stand y-err... I mean, to resist your charm! *begins to fake gag behind the scenes*

Amy: *giggles* * Here I come, Sonic!! *Dashes off in the Mech*

Eggman: . . . . ..... *sweatdrops* Is she gone yet?*sighs* whoo... Who would have thought being an evil genius could be so taxing... Let's just hope she keeps her side of the bargan...

-----

Enter our plucky Hero's...

Sonic is relaxing on a Beach, soaking up the rays with Tails, when a giant shadow looms overhead. He blinks up, and stares at a giant mech blotting out the sun. His first instinct tells him to say....

Sonic:"...Metal Sonic? But..."

Quickly, he is shown OTHERWISE, as the Mech lands roughly on the beach beside him, nearly squishing Tails, and shows an OBVIOUSLY big, Pink, metallic Hedgehog, instead..

Speakers crackle to life and Amy blurts out, "Metal Amy Rose! *giggles* You're no match for me!"

Without warning, her arm fires off, trying to grab Sonic roughly, but Sonic semi-nimbly dodges, still confused as to why Amy is in the Mech.

Sonic: HEY! What did you do?! Sell your soul to Eggman or something?!

Amy: Why, I did it for YOU, Sonic... So we can be together, forever!

Enough conversation, Sonic and Tails quickly peel out of the area, away from the Mech.

Amy: .... Owwh! I HATE when that happens! ... *the Mech dashes off* COME BACK, SONIC!![/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.