don't click here

Tails Advance

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Flare, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flare

Flare

Now like this is what I do, sprites and gamemaking. Im using MMF (not TGF) to make this and here are some referencing to sonic 2 cause level one is based on emerald hill
    [​IMG]
    1. Just a look at the level really, edited ground to look advance style
    2. A loop that does work without any crappy line movement.
    3. A runnable thing? This is very simular to the thing in chemial plant

so what do you think

no demo yet im getting the other engine made

2. NemUK

NemUK

Probably lurkin'. Member
    sounds good! I used to do a bit of that! it was really fun!

if there is anything you need help with then just ask.

3. Sir Euan

Sir Euan

Glasgow, Scotland
    http://www.iameuangallacher.co.uk
    If the gameplay matches the presentation then it's a sure winner!

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    -3 points for using Tails' sprite from Sonic Advance.
    -5 points for using Sonic Advance style graphics.
    2 points for the emerald hill graphics.
    -2 points for the grass shadow not matching the advance grass
    -4 points for the water in the background looking like... I have no idea but not water.

Overview:
    Not much have been done except the emerald hill edit of Leaf Forest which I think is okay. I don't like mixing original Sonic with Advance style graphics though.

That's my review of what you have done so far. So the only thing that can increase your score is the actual engine.

5. Flare

Flare

-3 points for using Tails' sprite from Sonic Advance.

"There up to date and hence the name Tails Advance not Tails Old School

-5 points for using Sonic Advance style graphics.

"same as above"

2 points for the emerald hill graphics.

thanks

-2 points for the grass shadow not matching the advance grass

Yeah that's my fault but it isn't finished lol

-4 points for the water in the background looking like... I have no idea but not water.

it must have looked like water for you to know that it is, and its offical but I found better water graphics so im using them

also lost I think that was unfair this is a quote from a previous post of yours

I have done hard work on this to edit and replicate sonic advance and to hear it shot down, im new to this forum but I have been viewing this forum long before and this is not a great welcome all I got was negitive comments from you mainly becuase you ahte advance style

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I did work on Sonic Advance myself. I spend last summer porting 4 levels, I got less replies than this thread :)

I know what's in and not, and Sonic Advance has never been in.

I know you have made hard work to it. This is just scored for the screenshots you were showing, not for the game play. If Sonic Advance had been better, more people would like your work, but that isn't the case. You are using graphics and layouts from a game no one wants to talk about here. I'm happy to give you score. Other people don't even care.

I love Leaf Forest! It's the greatest Sonic Advance level. I have spent so much time even covering up details over it here:
    http://shit.sclassic.net/index.php/Leaf_Forest

Mixing it with original Sonic such as "emerald hill" makes it kinda bad. It doesn't fit. It isn't the same design. But of course Leaf Forest was more of a Emerald Hill clone than any other Sonic Advance level.

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I like it. I personally like the graphics of the Advance series, but the gameplay ruined it. We've seen the old games enough and I think it's refreshing to see something like this. Sonic games don't usually have the best art ever, what makes the games great is the gameplay. Based on what I've seen, it's got potential. Show us a bit of the gameplay.
    This community is oldschool biased, new = bad. The idea could work, but unfortunatly I doubt you'll get the positive response here.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not true, really. I have closely studied the art of the older Sonic games. If you compare it to other genesis games, you can really see the difference.

No, not true at all. I don't like the newer Sonic games because they are simply not good. I tried to like them, I really did.

I still enjoy the new Mario games, now why is that? It's because they were made very good. Same with the new Zelda games.

Now, on topic. This game looks like it may be good. You have done a great job mimicking the "Advance" style art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.