don't click here

Super SADX

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Endri, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Everything that Polygon Jim said. Even the very MainMemory acknowledges the hack, so I don't understand your hatred.

So that's why the hatred then XD. I use win7 x86, and it does work for me. So you are doing something wrong. Do you have any DLLs, like ENBSeries, in the SADX folder? Did you rename "sonic - superfix.exe" to something else?

Thanks for ruining my chances of obtaining the Christmas Present Trophy from the Hacking Contest...

2. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    Pointless hatred. Hmm...

Anyway, I went ahead and tested whether you couldn't go super outside of levels, like you said earlier. Yup, you can't. This hack is great, and now I'm glad I completed my SADX PC version, so I could get an actual reward that isn't an emblem.

EDIT:Now you just need to implement that beta recap screen!

3. total

total

I'm not saying that I hate it, but it seems like another trainer with few more memory edits for me. I think everybody can do it, because all required info is available here.
    I am not so retarded, you know...anyway, I have no any dlls like ENBSeries in the SADX folder and there is sonic.exe here. But sadx.exe just closes right after launch neither showing anything nor starting sonic.exe. What am I doing wrong? I also tested it on winxp and nothing changed.

4. You shouldn't rename "sonic - superfix.exe" to "sonic.exe" or anything else.

EDIT: Also why haven't I said this yet, this hack is awesome.

5. total

total

Now it works.
    ---
    ok, I failed with that, sorry (but why there weren't any error message then? This is not an excuse, but I used an older "sonic - superfix.rar" (with sonic.exe inside), that was downloaded some time ago, so I assumed I had proper one already)

6. Endri

Endri

There were no error messages because it uses the very SADX error handlers. Since the game didn't even start in the first place, it didn't return any error... because there were no errors at all. The hack has a "Read Me!" for a reason.

So why don't you go on ahead and do one yourself too, then =D

For everyone else, I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the hack. Playing as Super Sonic in the regular levels was my dream since I first finished SA1 back in '99. I'm very, very happy to make this dream become reality. Playing as Super Sonic, as it should.

Oh, I'll, along with Tikal's hint ball...

7. total

total

But sadx.exe does, doesn't it?
    I meant something like "unable to execute sonic - superfix.exe, because it's not there :(". It may be even more informative than re-reading Read Me!.txt (yes, I missed this:
    ", because I had it already).

8. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I think SADX doesn't show any messages when there's an error. Probably a hack to hide the fact that it shuts down when switching away in fullscreen (making it look like an error would have been shit!).

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I officially love this. Sure, it makes it 3000X more difficult to play since Super Sonic is officially broken, but it's awesome and a nice thing to add to the gameplay that doesn't get in the way when you just want to play as ordinary Sonic sometimes.

Only problem is that when running the Super SADX it doesn't seem to run at full 60 fps and instead runs like ordinary SADX; while the superfix does have the 60 fps. Is this a feature that was forgotten to be added or is this just a problem with my computer? Because I'd seriously want to play as Super Sonic without the dodgy fps.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    When I get back home, I'm gonna resume work on my Shadow version, complete with either Live and Learn or I Am.

Also, when all the bugs and features are fixed and added, I suggest a patcher app or something to bind the changes to an exe.

11. corneliab

corneliab

I seem to remember someone in the past mentioning the possibility of a transformation animation. I don't suppose this is still in the works?

12. I want this, so much.

I'm sad that I have the GameCube version. :(

13. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    This is the best shit. I Super Sonic's extreme game-breakyness is my favorite part of this, actually.

14. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I probably am) but from what I gathered reading the SADX Hacking topic, there were transformation files, but they can't be used since they're essentially.. Well, unable to be used. If I recall they had said that if they wanted to implement them, they'd have to be made from scratch? My memory is bad, I'd have to go look again, though someone will probably correct me. =P Plus I don't even remember what page it was on.

Anyway though, this looks awesome. I really want to try it out, but I have to get a copy of the PC version. Been meaning to replay it anyway.

15. Endri

Endri

I am not aware of that. But, as corneliab mentioned, it is possible to create new transformation animations. I was experimenting with the current animation set that Sonic dispose, and I found that either the springing animation and/or the acrobatics animation fits the transformation well. Of course, an actual transformation animation would fit it much better.

16. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Yes, you're both wrong. There are no transformation animations. The animation that someone found was a landing animation and they mistakenly announced it as a transformation.

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    It would be possible, but rather difficult to make a transformation animation by overwriting an unused animation, as there are no programs for it yet, mostly because I can't get them to show up right in SADXMDL...

18. corneliab

corneliab

Uh, what? I wasn't talking about any existing transformation animations, I was referring to the possibility of making new ones (which Endri and MainMemory just confirmed), since I vaguely remembered someone mentioning something along the lines of it months ago.

19. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I was under the impression you were talking about the animation in question that was brought up immediately prior to the idea to make one. My bad.

20. corneliab

corneliab

After downloading the game and getting it to play smoothly eventually (thank god for defrag), this is like a dream come true. Lost World is probably the most fun to play, though tearing through Ice Cap's snowboard section is pretty freaking awesome as well.

I'm curious though, why does Sonic spaz out on certain water surfaces and not others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.