don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2010

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blanche Hodapp, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Jokes on you, metal barrels don't burn!

If I know when it is and I can get there, you'll spot me easy

2. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    August 7th

I've already said a thousand times that I'll be there. I'll either be across the road in the park avoiding the rampant autism, or getting kicked out for punching Jun Senououoeuou in the face

3. trakker

trakker

Damn, workday, CURSE YOU WORK

mabye next year, I gotta do it least once

4. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    You know you really won't be missing much!

Last year's, for instance, was mainly a load of socially inept preteens sitting on their own and drawing while their parents looked bored...

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    And weren't you guys playing Mario Kart with a few pints of beer? :v:

6. trakker

trakker

Now it will be SASAR with beer

7. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I wasn't, no. I was being told off for smoking where I shouldn't've been smoking, and gradually losing the will to live with the whole event =P

8. trakker

trakker

Well just think how much better it would be with someone dressed as a barrel harassing people, I'll have to do that next year, mabye even hook up an mp3 player inside with the carnaval night zone BGM playing to give people fair warning

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    That's the plan. =P

Mario Kart yes, but there was no alcohol at the actual event =| Still, there's always the after-show =P

10. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    You can do that if you like but I won't be talking to you :|

11. Nova

Nova

Stiv and I are staying in London overnight after the event, so expect to see us at the after-shows.
    Bring copies (if you own them) of the following games:

Pokémon Generation IV (Any),
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy,
    Advance Wars: Dark Conflict,
    and of course, Mario Kart DS (Hypocritical as I no longer own it, but it does have download play so it's not essential to bring your copy, as long as one does)

[​IMG]

Look for this handsome man, for he shall be your shepherd.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I'll be bringing ASR DS too, for what it's worth.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I have a feeling all the fans there will stare with their eyebrows raised and not get the intended raging response.

I think very little of the original character do not steal fan art drawing side of the fan base. They're the equivalent of brain dead chimps to me.

14. trakker

trakker

Yeah I suppose, the crowd will be too young to be fully outraged, man thats lame, dosnet that make you feel old? Only the adults would get it >_>

and there will be presious few of them, mabye just stick with my sonic shirt with him spinning with the caption "this is how I roll" lol

15. Dreadknux

Dreadknux

Oldbie
    If you did, I'd love you forever. + - Big   is win. ;)

Would be great to see some of the ol' Retro guard pop down for this lil' event - especially those I have already met when SS came to London that one time a few months ago (Overlord, Nova etc). Should have some more time (barely) to mill around the venue and say hello to some dudes this time around, so feel free to harass me and say hi if you come. I do like talking to people. =]

'Socially inept teens' I'd say is a bit much, Blanche. It's a family event after all, and the idea is that people who'd never meet one another in real life can do so here through "the totally gay power of Sonic" or somesuch. =P Yeah, there's a lot of kids drawing fancharacters, but what can you do. Having said that, we -did- have a few problems last year with people who arrived simply for free merch and shit and totally wasn't interested in even setting foot in the door. We promptly told them to piss off.

Hopefully there will be more people making friends and chatting to one another this year; noticed that there was a bit of a 'I know my friends and that's that' thing going on. I guess that will be my main mission this year - talking to people! :3

Oh, and there is, as always, the after-party. ;) At which everyone is invited, as long as you're: A. old enough; B. in the same place as me. Where the after-party will be has, as always with me, not been decided yet. But I'll likely just let someone awesome on SSMB sort it out and say 'yeah whatever.'

Anyway, all you cool cats - you're welcome to come and shit, long as you say hello. :]

16. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Of course I'll be there. I got a hug last time. Plus, I've got an agreement with Blanche. Plus, it was actually pretty fun once I got away from the hyperactive 12 year old in the queue, who had a thing for doing impressions of Chip.

Also I haven't played Sonic 4 yet and I've avoided the spoilers, so screw you all it's new to me.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
  18. Yuzu

Yuzu

Now, expect the website to crash, hopefully someone will be recording the Crush 40 event, it sucks to not be in England at the time. :(

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Oooo would muchly like to go. I move back to London on the 6th, so I could probably pop down if I'm free. I'll print myself a ticket so I'm set either way.

EDIT: Yay all registered! :)

20. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I so wish I could come :( but work wont give me the week-end off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.