don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2010

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blanche Hodapp, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Rail switching on the GC controller is just tapping the jump button and holding the analogue switch the way you want to go - at least, that's how I was doing it. I assume then in that regard drifting is on the shoulder buttons (I really didn't do any, to be honest). And yes, the wisps were definitely on Z - again, this was what I was using anyway. Not sure about switching between them, though.

2. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    But does this mean it's impossible to physically jump off the rails, if the jump button just gives you switching between rails a'la the Unleashed shoulder buttons?

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I'd assume you hold the jump button to jump off the rails.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    No - I saw one guy playing the game before I did fly completely off while trying to jump from the centre rail to the left one, hence why I did it rather more gingerly. =P

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Unfortunately I saw a video where a dude kept accidentally jumping off the rails. Eventually he became so frustrated that he just refrained from rail switching.

I hope they fix that, because rail switching with the triggers felt really good in Unleashed. I HATE rail switching with the jump button, I've thought it's been broken since SA2.

6. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Late as always with my posts. Regardless, my post on Summer of Sonic 2010 is finally up =P

[​IMG]
    So here's the outside of the venue where this years Summer of Sonic took place. Unfortunately the outside was infested with trolling pigeons; taking a dump on attendees every so many minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pictures of the venue as you made your way inside and into the convention. Awesome Sauce!

[​IMG]
    There's the man himself, Dreadknux and next to him ArchangelUK.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I managed to play both the Wii and DS version of Sonic Colours as well as Sonic 4. I might toss my two cents in on these games at some point; all depends when I feel like jumping into a pit of fire.

[​IMG]
    The infamous glass cabinet full of goodies.

[​IMG]
    Brilliant cosplayers this year. Though I wasn't able to get one of Dr. Eggman along with a few others, I do have one of that Eggman from last years Summer of Sonic.

[​IMG]
    Jun Senoue & Johnny "Diarrhea" Gioeli (attendees will only get that). Together they are Crush 40!

[​IMG]
    If this was the venue owners (and not the SoS staff), they would be telling us to fuck off at this point :v:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Either Blanche was absolutely pissed up or he was really enjoying himself there =P

[​IMG]
    The rest of the gang during the after-party.

[​IMG]
    The day after Summer of Sonic; Jen and I hung out with Nova, Stiv and Claire at Namco Station in London.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally, here's Nova trying out his latest invention (notice the trademark) :v:

I thought this year's Summer of Sonic was the best by far in my opinion. I can't thank Dreadknux and the rest of the Summer of Sonic staff members enough for everything they've done for us this year (especially after all they've been through). I had a brilliant time. It was great seeing all the guys from before again as well as all the new faces (PsychoSk8r, Max Firestorm, Frozen Nitrogen, Stiv & Claire, Purity, RubyEclipse etc.). I'm so looking forward to next year. Hope to see you all then!

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I had a feeling Nova was eeevile. Hahaha.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    that glass cabinet of merchandise

is that

is THAT

A MEGA DROID FIGURE

OH GOD WANT

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Haha, you caught the missus pulling a face... No idea what she was making it at though =P

We'll be there. Can't miss Sonic's 20th. =P

10. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    A friend of mine went to SoS this year. He said the whole thing was epic but a little hot. I wanted to go too, but I couldn't make arrangements in time...
    The question is, how will they top this year and impress for Sonic's 20th anniversary too? Hopefully, I can get something organised before then. Maybe they'll be displaying Sonic 4: Episode 2? ;D

11. Nova

Nova

See you there next year, Becky~ :)

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Never mind that, what'm I doing with my hands?! =P

13. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    It's not, sadly - it's printed onto raised cardboard. Stiv has one of them, iirc, you should ask him for better pictures =P

14. Nova

Nova

Stiv has two of them, IIRC.

15. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    Stiv only has the big one. I think one of the little ones was left on the cabinet and I gave the other to JJ, the big one is on the wall behind my workspace. He really got around at Summer of Sonic, we're doing a feature with him in #253 which should be quite good, I'll let you guys know when its up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jen! It was nice to hang around with you, sorry again for me and Claire being totally hungover and not talkative. I promise we'll be more chatty next year =P.

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    At first I thought you were making a roll-up. :v:

17. Purity

Purity

Oldbie
    couple of pics I have~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Hey look, there's me behind Elson in that first one.

19. Nova

Nova

I got a few pictures and videos on my phone - the videos are really low quality though and not really worth my time uploading, especially considering some awesome bastard has put the entire Crush 40 performance on YouTube in 720p.
    I'll try and get my photos up as soon as I recover my phone charger.

20. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    It was downstairs next to the couch last time I saw it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.