don't click here

Stuff I've noticed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Demiurge, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demiurge

Demiurge

Oldbie
    If this has been mentioned before, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find it on the site.

First, there's another problem with the "Tails Loses Rings Too" thing. If both Sonic and Tails get hit at the same time by the same enemy, they BOTH lose the amount of rings they had before they were hit...so you could get hit carrying 3 rings and have 6 rings pop out ;)

Yeah, and its obvious, but the spindash 'release' sound effect in the final is now used as the 'charge-up' one. Of course, everyone knows that, anyway ;)

Again, I'm sorry if my info is already well-known.

2. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    Knew about the spindash, not the rings.

3. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    I shall add it to the summary. Thanks for reminding me.

4. Sz

Sz

Oldbie
    Around
    BTW, Simon... on the Sonic 2/Sonic 2 Beta comparison page, you have a running animation from Sonic Crackers listed as one for Sonic 2 ... Didn't know if you knew.

5. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    Is it? I've been using it for years, so has Sonic Cult. Maybe I'll make a new one when I'm not so lazy (I.e. not very soon).

6. Demiurge

Demiurge

Oldbie
    Some more stuff that you guys probably know already ;)

1. Robotnik doesn't grimace when he's hit in EHZ.
    2. Robotnik takes a much longer pause between his 'passes' in EHZ.
    3. There's no explosion graphics when you kill Robotnik's car in EHZ, nor is there a sound effect.
    4. I'm pretty sure Tail's movement works this way: he simply uses the same input as Sonic does, instead of actively seaking Sonic out in the final. So, if he gets seperated from Sonic, he won't try to catch up: he'll just mimic every movement you make.
    5. I'm not sure about this, but I don't think Robotnik shoots out his nose drill in EHZ after 7 hits.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I once hacked two Sonics in Sonic 1, that both used the same input.

8. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    I did the same in Sonic 2 Beta once, in fact, I think I put about four in there at one time XD

As for the nose drill, it does fly out. Sorry... though the Robotnik not grimacing is something I never noticed!

-Samantha

9. Vague Rant

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute Oldbie
    I'd been thinking about this one for a while, and I noticed that if you jump then do the spindash motion, and Tails is still on the ground, he'll do a spindash. Seems it's a case of 'do as I say, not as I do.' Nice work.

10. Vague Rant

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute Oldbie
    And I'm not sure whether it's been noted, but Tails shares your items, too. If he is damaged while you have a shield, you lose the shield. If you are invincible, Tails becomes invincible, although there is nothing visibly different about him. If you get the fast shoes (forgotten their name) Tails gets fast too (although that could be normal).

[EDIT]I also noticed that, al least while playing in splitscreen, and probably in 1 Player mode, too, Emerald/Green Hill Zone Act 1 doesn't like having Tails reach the finish first: The signpost isn't there, and when Sonic shows up, it's still gone... I had to reset.[/EDIT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.