don't click here

Streets of Rage 2 available for iOS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Skyler, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

My iPod is MIA at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to play this version.

2. Hmm... isn't it a little ironic that this comes out right after Sega takes down that fan game?

Seeing that Sega released this on the iOS is just one of the things that are tempting me more and more towards getting a iPod Touch.

3. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    It's the same as the normal SOR 2. Geez, just buy Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection. The only new thing is the touch screen controls and other than that it's the same. (with bad sound and music emulation about the same as the regular version Gens no doubt) If they really wanted to impress people, they should have translated Streets of Rage Mobile/Bare Knuckle Mobile or made Streets of Rage 4. Not telling you not to buy this, but I highly discourage it unless you don't mind the emulation and such and/or are one of those nuts that wants SOR games on every system imaginable. (nothing wrong with that since I used to be one, until I found out that Sega can't emulate Genesis games very well without help from a third party generally.)

And yes, I'm kind of a Genesis emulation Nazi. XD

4. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Finally, glad to see one of my favorite games available on the go. Sega is one step closer to having every Genesis game I want available. All I need are Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Seriously.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Oh 90's boxart...

6. Amethyst

Amethyst

Cool, how about a new game SEGA?

7. dsrb

dsrb

Or at least an enhanced remake… cough

8. MarzSyndrome

MarzSyndrome

Everything is going to the beat. Member
    Seemed no-one else mentioned this already, but it appears (from playing this earlier) they went as far as nixing Blaze's upskirt jumpkick sprite even on the "Bare Knuckle II" side.

And yet her (lesser) upskirt sprite in SOR3 (the iOS port of which unfortunately has no BKIII :argh:) is still present in all its two-pixel glory. Hmmm.

9. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    If anyne wants me to, I'll SSH in to my iPod and package up the contents of the folder it's in so more experienced eyes can take a look at it. Same goes for 1 or 3.