Spiderhog

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ashthedragon, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This has the potential to be a great if not awesome hack!

Wall climbing is a definite yes, web slinging could be awesome, and Robotnick should totally be DOC OCK, with mechanical arms which could be interesting for new bosses or changes to old bosses.

<-- I approve of this hack!

2. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Swinging in mid-air with a web attached to something invisible in the sky is a Spider Man staple. Port S3/AIZ's swinging vine, with a length so that when swinging on it, the top is always out of screen. Obviously colour it white; it is spawned just for the web-sling, and removed when jumped out of. Edit the graphic so it has no 'handle' and Sonic swings more like spidey does. Result.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Yeah, I had already thought about porting Knuckles climbing ability to this, and replace the gliding with webslinging. Using s3/AIZ vine is a great idea, but I wanted to make it attach to the level itself, not to the top of the screen, to use it as a new gameplay style. Large pits who can only be passed using websling, attaching the web in a floating platform or upper route,anyone?
    I've also thought of using more of a chaotix-esque rubber-band like move for spindash, instead of the actual one. more like attaching a web to the floor and using it like the rubber band in chaotix.

Me and RACCAR (pending member) are already working on this, he's going to do the level layout and some art too.I'll make the coding mostly.

Me, a tech member? holy, I never though this hack would be as appreciated as it is! thanks you very much for all the nice comments and feedback, this really makes me want to continue woking on this and much more projects. Thanks to all!

PD: Hola Wesk :P Que alegria verte por aqui, fistro :P

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, I think the Sandopolis rope was a more appropriate paradigm, myself. Similar though. :P

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Hey, all I offered was the absolutely most simple way of doing it. Sure, there's better ways. But if it all fails, there's a nasty hack for you to rebound back to :P

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
  7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    What? Ristar made from Sonic 1's engine? Serious? o_O

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    0_0 Are you sure it's made with S1's engine?! If it really is, then color me suprised...

Anyways, I can't believe I didn't think of that before. :v:

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
  10. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Who would Robotnik take after? Dr. Octopus? Dr. Doom? The Spider-Slayer?

Also, this is an awesome idea. I fucking love it. It reminds me of the old Spider-Ham comics.

11. I think Dr. Octavius (AKA Doc Ock) would work the best.

He is a mad scientist, has crazy smart technical prowess, and both names start with Dr.

I also think it shouldn't be too hard to make Dr. Robotnick look like Dr. Octavius. Really all he needs is a white lab coat, a pair of shades, and 4 mechanical arms. The Egg Mobile can stay, as that is his transportation. The running sequences with him would need to be redone/heavily modified though.

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Considering that this is Sonic in a Spider-Man suit, maybe he should make Eggman in the suit of a Spider-Man villian, but still Eggman in the end.

13. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    Like... Venom?

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Good to know I wasn't the only one in think about Venom XD

But Eggman in Venom's suit... Now THAT would be something interesting to see.

15. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Dr. Robotnik... Dr. Octopus... goggles... goggles... hard on for machinery... hard on for a machinery...

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    To be honest, I thought Shadow would be in the Venom suit.

How about Robotnik mixed with Green Goblin?

17. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Tech Member
    Doom 32X
    Wouldn't MetalSonic be a better candidate for Venom?

18. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Robotnik as Green Goblin would be awesome.

19. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    No, Knuckles as the Green Goblin would be awesome.

I want Doc Oc as Robotnik, though.

20. I do think though that some of these Zones need a name change.

Like for Labyrinth Zone, how about Sludge Sewer Zone? Seems a bit more fitting.

Unity Fest Zone? How about Rusted Ruins Zone? It could be a deserted area of the city, with rusted buildings...

Just for reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.