don't click here

Speed Shoes music

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by GasparXR, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    This is literally driving me crazy. :v: I got speed shoes music working properly. Sonic returns to normal properly. But the music never returns! I tried adding code to the monitor speed shoes powerup object to return the music by checking the zone, but nothing works. Is there some way I can return the music? When the music simply speed up, it returns to normal eventually, but when music is playing(specifically, $94) it just keeps playing. Does anyone know where and how I can get the damn thing to return the zone's music? I did it before in the Hivebrain Sonic 1 DisASM, but I'm in the SVN DisASM (and prefer it) and I can't really figure it out.

I removed all code I added in Object 2E. The line I edited was originally:

Code (Text):
    1. music    $E2,1    ; Speed    up the music
    and now it is:

Code (Text):
    1. music    bgm_SpeedShoes,1    ; use Speed Shoes music ($94)
    And "bgm_SpeedShoes", like it says in comments, is track $94.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I can't paste code here since I'm not on my main computer so forgive me if I might be wrong, but there should be a routine Obj01_ChkShoes, where it plays the sound E3 saying that it plays the music at normal speed. Replace that E3 with the song id of the normal song of your zone.

3. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member

:colbert:

That certainly helps in the Hivebrain DisASM though, and I could probably find something similar in the SVN DisASM.

*searches*

Nope. Nothing. :( Really, I'm searching and can't find what returns the zone music.

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Fuck the SVN disasm, it only confuses things, Hivebrain's disasm forever.

Try to look for all the instances of #$600 being written to $FFFFF760
    There should be one right above a playsound which plays $E3

5. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    I tried everything, either the game froze, the GHZ music would play and the shoes music won't, or vice versa. I give up on this. :argh:

Delete topic plz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.