don't click here

Sonik Sprite Remix Source Code Released

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Beta, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta

Beta

Oldbie
    It's been a long time since anyone heard anything on this project. Mainly because I hadn't done much in well over a yaer and a half. I moved on, pretty much. As sad as it is. I also know that releasing it so late will not do much for the community now, since a lot of people have moved out of the hacking and are now primarily just for the community. Alas, I hope someone can find it useful.

So here it is, the SSII source.
    http://www.sonikstudios.net/junk/ssii.rar

If anyone wants to add to the databases, or continue the software for some reason, I ask only that my name remain somewhere in there. hehe.....

As with the released versino of Sonik Sprite Remix, it only completely supported Sonic 1 and some of it's compressed art. In order to add more games/sprites, you'd need to do so from Access97 due to backward compatability issues when saving.

From the readme:

2. Vangar

Vangar

Yes, I believe people will find this useful. Thanks for the great program, I know myself and friends have used this tool loads of times. It is sad to hear that you moved on from the project, but I hope people will remember this as a major tool for editing sonic 1's sprites back in the day.

Thanks Beta!

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Awesome of you to release it Beta, at least there's more of a chance it'll get finished if someone is willing to put in the time. There are a lot of VB6 coders around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.