don't click here

Sonic X Season 1 on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Meph, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seemingly overnight, YouTube have created an on-demand service for previously broadcasted shows. One of which is Sonic X. I can't get it here in the UK, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I'm sure some people will be interested. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=vAfzWwpEp2Q

2. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Drat it's the horrible dub, better than nothing for some I guess.

3. That's 4Kids for you...

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Nifty! I would have preferred it in Japanese with subtitles, but you can't win them all...

It seems that a lot of dubbing companies now are using YouTube as a medium through which to share and advertised any licensed franchises they have laying around; for instance, 4kids had raw Japanese episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh available on YouTube not too long ago. It seems to be a pretty good way to coax people into getting full product releases and the like—a far better alternative to the anal-retentive practices of most companies that decide to take down any instance of their intellectual property on YouTube and other video sites.

That said, I probably won't watch this because I despise the dub of Sonic X, but it's cool to see that it's available to watch. :)

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    For some reason Yu-Gi-Oh is available in the UK yet Sonic X isn't? Lame.
    I used to watch Sonic X, but I didn't get a chance to watch all of the episodes. Then I bothered to watch a few Japanese/English subbed episodes of it and they were actually decent.

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    The Japanese had swearing in it.

HOW AWESOMER CAN YOU GET.

7. Graxer

Graxer

Sounds brilliant! Its a shame I'm in the UK though. I never watched Sonic X in full due to the fact that I don't have Jetix and I seem to remember that CiTV never finished the series. (Plus it started before I got home from school)

I also never enjoyed it as much as SatAM, AoSTH or Sonic Underground. It didnt have the classic feel to it at all.

8. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Case and point:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mind you, if you watch Sonic X purely for the language, you'll be disappointed as the series goes on, especially in the Metarex Saga which seems to substitute language for a dark story/death.

Of course, in Japan, this kind of language is considered acceptable, but from a North American stand-point...it's just neat to see Sonic and the gang swear. :eng101:

Nonetheless, despite it being the dub, these will come in real handy when I get around to doing the English dub transcripts for the wiki. In terms of watching them for personal entertainment...eh...I'll just say it's good to have them online.

EDIT: Also, lol, I just noticed that Cheese's left arm is floating in the first image.

EDIT 2: Sonic's mouth doesn't look right at all in the header for the YouTube page, it looks like it's upside-down making him look like he's biting his lip.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That picture right there is filled with extreme amounts of awesomeness.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    SHIT~

Nice that Sonic X is easier to see, not nice that it's both the inferior dub and US only. Still, I have subbed AVIs.... I should watch those again, really.

11. In the UK, it's broadcasted by Jetix. Jetix is owned by Walt Disney... That might be why. ;)

12. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Oh, I might have an excuse to go and watch it now. We don't really get that many channels; we have an antenna, and the most I've actually wanted to watch is Lost (which recently had its season finale and won't be back on for several months, so no television for me). If I can be bothered enough to watch a few episodes, hopefully I'll be able to withstand the 4kids voice actors.

I feel bad, for the first thing I thought of was this.

13. Yuzu

Yuzu

That's what I actually thought when I watched the episode, seriously.

14. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    The design was, most likely, inspired by DBZ. They used it again in the Metarex Saga in 'What's Happening to Shadow?', also known as 'The Cosmo Conspiracy', episode 73. What's interesting to note is, the scanner was developed by Chuck, thus it can be surmised that Tails got the design for it. Mind you, he only wears it as he flies Cosmo up a shaft with no swearing. :P

[​IMG]

The whole sequence where Eggman yells 'Shit!' is from 'Emergency Launch! X Tornado', which is season 1 of course. That entire sequence in it's original form is hilarious, and, when you watch the dub scene after watching the sub, it's just not as funny.

As well, Canadians can't view the videos. Darn it. :psyduck:

15. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Hopefully 4Kids will upload the Japanese version at a later date.

They did so for Yu-Gi-Oh! anyway.

16. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    It's my new avatar.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's his bowtie. Her hand's covering most of it.

18. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Ah, makes sense. Though, Cheese is pretty much deformed through the whole series, so much so that I came up with the idea of starting a website called 'The Many Faces of Cheese'. Then again, you could do it for any character, especially since distance animation is very wonky in Sonic X.

[​IMG]

Watching scenes in the distance rather than focusing on the character speaking really makes the show very interesting. For the record, this is from Episode 20, 'Combat Mission! Egg Fort II'.

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I posted this on the validation forums but it seems regular users don't have a viewing of it, so here it goes.

For those outside of the US that want to see US region locked videos on youtube follow these instructions.

1. Find a proxy US based that supports flash. For example these ones over here I tested and work...

http://www.zend2.com/
    http://www.evadeunblock.com/
    http://www.twitterproxy.org/

2. Copy paste the url of the video you want to the site box. Click go!

These guidelines work with every region banned video on youtube, as long as the proxy's ip is in the country that it's allowed to be seen.

20. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    As if the original is any better? =P Come on guys, this is Sonic X we're talking about.
    I lol'ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.