Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan

Titan

UK
    Ok, can anyone help me on the Perfect Dark Gaia fight? I get that you have to kill the snake heads to get the shield to go down, but I always end up losing all my energy and dying because of getting hit by the rocks/lasers that PDG throws at you. Is there a way to build up Super Sonic's energy bar?

If someone could tell me the trick to doing this fight I'd really appreciate it, as I don't want to lose all my lives on it again <_<

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Make sure to grab as many rings as you can when you're flying to the shield, to max out his health.

Also, sidenote. I played SA1's sky chase music during Tornado Defense 1, and I shat bricks, from a nostalgia overload.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Similarly to Jim's sidenote, since I'm curious as to the hi-def version, I watched the Perfect Dark Gaia fight... and this particular video had the player switch the BGM for Live and Learn during the final stage... which was absolutely epic. Super Sonic breaks the shield and rushes toward Dark Gaia right as the solo kicks in.

As much as I enjoyed the lo-def version (It's one of the best Sonic games I've played in ages!) I have to get the hi-def. I'm seriously glad they're different games, it reminds me of the difference between getting an 8-bit or 16-bit version of the first two games.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I played Live and Learn during that yesterday =P

It's epic.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

So how do you do this on the PS3? Press the PS button, and select a song from your playlist? Does it work like that?

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes.

Just his the PS button, go over to playlists, and select a song, will then be playing ingame.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Very few PS3 game support custom soundtracks. Custom soundtracks are built into the 360 dashboard - every game supports them. The PS3, with the 2.40 firmware update, added the ability to play custom soundtracks, and in the future all games will support them, but right now it's not mandatory.

The good news is that Sonic Unleashed is one of the very few games which DOES support custom soundtracks. In game, press the PS button, the go to music, then select the song you'd like. It'll replace the BGM.

So on the subject of the PS3, someone a few days ago in the IRC channel mentioned that they had a completed PS2 Sonic Unleashed save in the PS3 format. Now, I've beaten the wii version and the 360 version, and I don't feel like re-beating the PS2 version just to see the differences, so anyone know where I can grab that save?

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    To anyone having trouble getting an S rank on Dark Gaia in the PS3/360 version, I found an easy way.

When Dark Gaia is throwing all those rocks at you, while you're Chip, just punch 1 out of every set he throws. I wasn't even trying to get an S rank, and did that, and got my first S rank there.

I died too and still got the S rank, gave me a pretty nice enemy bonus for punching those.

9. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim

cool story bro

(seriously I am loving the story of this game)

10. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    A quick question about the PS2 version: Would the music be in ADX format? And if so, is there any program that can convert this format to MP3?

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    You can use the ADX plugin in winamp, and the MP3 encoding outputer to make mp3's.

Though lot's is in AIX format.

The songs are on the net anyway, someone ripped them already, check this forum.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I find it interesting as that song seems to take influences from the OVA among other things, but I really don't like it very much. It's not very grippy.

Adabat Day is a cool rip-off the S&K mid-boss theme; Tornado 1 BGM has grown on me a bit, it's pretty cool.

Best is probably Mazuri's day stage for me, though.

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

I actually heard a bit of influence from the Sonic X Japan Battle Theme in Empire City.

14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Aquatic Ruin BGM in Adabat day Act 2 is freaking awesome.

15. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
  16. corneliab

corneliab

Nice. Are those titles and everything simply custom?

"Crimson Carnival" is the perfect title for Eggmanland. It has the whole alliteration thing that the others do (Rooftop Run, Jungle Joyride), though in game, Eggmanland is the only primary stage that doesn't have a title for its main Act.

17. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    What do you mean by custom?

If you mean if the site named them all the mp3's themselves, then yes, as the official soundtrack isn't out.

But the track titles with extra names like "Jungle Joyride" or "Rooftop Run" are not created by the site. They're simply the names of the acts/stages of each continent.

The tracks without these names are the tracks of the hub world for the continent.

The reason why Eggmanland has "The Theme of Eggman" named after one of its tracks is because: *Minor Spoiler*
    the hub world doesn't have a specific track for itself, it's just plays the Eggman Theme

18. corneliab

corneliab

What do you mean by custom? If you mean if the site named them all the mp3's themselves, then yes, as the official soundtrack isn't out.

Alright, thanks. That's what I was wondering.

But the track titles with extra names like "Jungle Joyride" or "Rooftop Run" are not created by the site. They're simply the names of the acts/stages of each continent.

...I'm completely aware. My comment was toward the extra name "Crimson Carnival" listed in the track names for Eggmanland. Eggmanland is the only "continent" that doesn't have an extra name for its stage, and I was wondering if "Crimson Carnival" was official, since I liked it. Apparently it isn't. Oh, well.

19. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Ah, I didn't realise that. Yeah, that would have been an awesome extra act name for Eggmanland.

Thanks

20. On the topic of music, do both versions use the same BGM?

I'll be honest, the only track I think is good enough to download is any from Spangolia. Even the night stage's theme is pretty good. And vs. Titan and Big Mother is alright too.

And for the record, Dark Gaia's fnal form is completely disgusting. I literally wanted to puke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.