don't click here

Sonic Unleashed 360/PS3 level shortcuts

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Bourne, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Bourne

Sonic Bourne

London, UK
    The Julian Series (Sega Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega Crescent, & Sega Model 9 Systems)
    Hello. Stewie Thompson here with a walkthrough on finding every (or almost every) shortcut in the Sonic Unleashed Director's Cut level, Skyscraper Scamper Act 1 (daytime). These shortcuts will allow you to complete the act in less than 2'20"00 and obtain between 225,000 and 250,000 points. I was able to find only 3 shortcuts, so there may be more. Here's what I found.

-Shortcut A: After the drop on the big ramp and passing by the loop in the start of the act, there will be 3 robots. Only do Homing attacks on the first two, then move diagonally to the left. There's another robot that you can do a Homing attack on, followed by a chain of rings that you can do the "Ring chain dash" on. (I call it the Ring chain dash, and not the Lightspeed dash as you're not moving at light speed.) This shortcut will get you to the first lamppost within 40 seconds, followed by the two tunnels of bombs and a moon emblem. You can also use the Sonic Boost after the HA on the second robot to get to where I'm talking about.

-Shortcut B: In the start 2D segment of this act, there's a chain of rings you can do an RCD on, followed by 2 platforms to jump on and 2 or 3 dash rings and a rainbow ring. I may have this part incorrect, so if it's the other way around, please correct me. This will save up to 15 seconds on your time, completely bypassing the crane lift and wall jump areas.

-Shortcut C: This is not an easy shortcut to reach. If you time your jumps correctly on the grind rails (after the Interceptor and Aero-Chasers), you'll find a rail that sends you straight to the goal. I haven't played the game in 8 months, so I can't give you an accurate point on where the rail is. All I remember is that it's after the first set of rails before landing on top of a building, and that it bypasses the parts when you on the side of 2 buildings. This shortcut will save you 30 to 45 seconds of time. The goal ring is right after this.

And that finishes my shortcut walkthrough for SS Act 1 Daytime. If I have more shortcuts, I will post them immediately.

2. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Director's Cut?"

3. Sonic Bourne

Sonic Bourne

London, UK
    The Julian Series (Sega Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega Crescent, & Sega Model 9 Systems)
    The storyline of Sonic Unleashed in the Xbox 360 and PS3 releases are much longer than the original game for the PS2 and Wii. Because the 360 and PS3 releases are longer than the original game, I call it the DC (Director's Cut). If you play both versions (original game and DC), you'll understand what I mean.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    As I just told you in the other thread where you pulled this name out of your ass, this is based on absolutely nothing. If you're going to refer to the 360/PS3 version of the game, then refer to it as such—not as "Director's Cut" or whatever else other arbitrarily defined rubbish you decide to construct out of thin air.

5. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    SU360 entered development first, and was the primary focus.

Not only is the name bullshit, but so is the reasoning.

EDIT: What happened to "CREATE A USERNAME NOT INVOLVING 'SONIC'", anyway?

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    In these parts, if you want to short hand which Unleashed you're talking about, it's simply either the PS2/Wii version (Low Def is okay, I guess) or the HD version for the 360/PS3 one. A Director's Cut implies a second title with "new content" from the same dev team. Last I checked, the only thing both versions shared is cutscenes and music. Stages and general gameplay were done by two different teams. Even bosses are a little different for the most part. So no, Director's Cut won't work.

(Aside: Director's Cut WOULD work if they re-released the HD version of the game with the DLC levels packaged on the disc and some general improvements were done, as well as some other non-descript unlockables.)

Also, it's still Light Speed Dash, even if it isn't actually Light Speed.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Since when is this any of your concern? Leave the rule interpretation and executive decisions to the staff, thanks.

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Can we also submit shortcuts for SULE and SUP? You know, Sonic Unleashed Legacy Edition and Sonic Unleashed PLUS: Featuring Enhanced Visuals and Motion Control!! for the PS2 and Wii respectively? Also, who do I have to submit my lame made up game names to in order for them to be recognized as real?

9. I was always a fan of Sonic Unwiishead.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    All Wii puns are universally shit.

That said, how about getting back to the topic and less of the imagined name discussion? =P

11. corneliab

corneliab

Sonic Unleashed has been out for a while, Skyscraper Scamper in particular has been broken to pieces by speedrunners, and all the shortcuts listed are basically common knowledge.

So what's the point of this thread, exactly?

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
  13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Look above you.

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    ...his video.

15. Sonic Bourne

Sonic Bourne

London, UK
    Although corneliab's shortcuts allow you to get to the end in less than 2'00, you need at least 200k or 210k for an S rank. You need more of an enemy and ring bonus for that.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, but everyone knows exactly how to get an S rank if they want one. S Ranking and Speed Running are different tasks that require entirely different skills and take on the levels.

17. Sonic Bourne

Sonic Bourne

London, UK
    I understand.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'm reminded of th egodawful interceptor at the end of Chuu-nan. It sometimes throws unavoidable attacks.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It does? I did 10 consecutive runs of of the normal Dragon Road act today and didn't get hit once.

20. xcliber

xcliber

How bout doing speed runs for the Werehog stages instead so I don't have to waste so much time playing them to continue on with the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.