don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]
    Most likely the plan from the get-go.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The page calls it "the most 'official'" (note the 'official' between quotes) and the author's site has "dozin" in its URL (an alternate transliteration of "dojin"), so yeah.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

He describes the Shogaku Yonensei manga as 'official' too. Also note that he talks about various Sonic doujins at the bottom of the page in a separate section. Since the Seimu manga wasn't placed in that section, the implication is that it's not a doujin.

As for "dozin" in the URL of the mangaka's homepage, being a doujin artist doesn't necessarily mean that their Sonic manga was unofficial. A number of mangakas have produced both doujin and non-doujin mangas.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The site's from 1998, back when people loved to assume things rather than double-checking with official sources, so you can expect huge inaccuracies in it. That manga is very obviously unofficial...

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

That's certainly possible, but I'd like to get confirmation either way. There's plenty of obscure Japanese (and non-Japanese) Sonic material that most of us were unaware of until recently out there, so it's feasible that were some undocumented official mangas.

6. Pengi

Pengi

Here's something I stumbled upon, but it might already be known. Earlier revisions of the Japanese Sonic the Hedgehog Wikipedia page had more story information on the 1992-1994 Shogakukan manga. It says that a crocodile named Vector was a character, which would explain the concept art of him with the shades/hat/tie. Obviously it isn't wise to blindly believe unsourced information from Wikipedia, but the same revision also included names and details of Anton's mother/father/sister/other brother, who we only learned about a few months ago, so it really seems like they know their stuff.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Incoming Google translation:

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh wow, so crazy seeing this site still around! I remember in my end of secondary/high-school days, printing all those pictures from the same page out to put in my a folder. How long ago was that, about 15/16 years? Glad to see some webpages are still staying strong!

Noted! :D I sort of assumes as such but for some reason it just never 'clicked' for me that it was a cape unti Fighters.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yeah, it is. I look at it every couple of years.

10. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Who wrote Eggman's dialogue? Beast Wars Megatron?

For real though, I had no idea these existed. Actually really cool!

11. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The sudden "Fuck off Sonic!" near the end hahahahah...

Spring Yard Zone is Sparkling Zone in this too...huh, as well as Clockwork Zone. This must've been done before the zone names/aesthetics were changed? :o

12. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Right? That was more edgy than a certain black hedgehog ever was.

Wondering if the discrepancies in Zone Names are the result of a more literal translation of unlocalized zone names?