don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog in Unity 3D

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by KernelSys, Apr 10, 2013.

1. KernelSys

KernelSys

Alicante, Spain
    Hello to all. I'd love to do a fangame, specifically a Sonic The Hedgehog (1991) remake using Unity 3D Engine. I'm relatively new with Unity 3D, I started working with it last November, but I'll take this project as a challenge, programming this wonderful game, learning how to implement physics, programming the enemies IA, all from scratch and running under Unity 3D Engine. I'm usually busy studying and such things, but I'm going to use a part of my free time doing this from now. With effort I think I'll make progress =)

So I created this thread because I'll need help for sure. Help about sprites, physics (I've taken a look onto SPG section... what an amazing knowledge), behaviors and such. I'm happy to belong to this community, I have a lot of things to learn, but with your help I know I'll be fine ;)

So, to start, I would wish you help me with the sprite stuff. I'm having a look at walkerboys’ 2D section and I've translated their script for sprite animation into C# and it works, but there is the thing: the way each sprite is obtained is from selecting an offset (selecting a sprite in a row) and a size (selecting a sprite in a column, obtained through a 1/<number_of_rows> fraction). Okay, this is great but the point is that the sprites need to be equidistant one from each other, in height and width, and to be in order for the animation. Something like this sprite sheet:
    [​IMG]
    (This image is owned by The Walker Boys)

I've search through the internet and I've found sprite sheets like this one, that isn't useful for me:
    [​IMG]

Please, could you tell me if there are Sonic 1 sprites arranged in an equidistant and ordered way? If not, how could I obtain these sprites like that? Which tool should I use?
    Thanks in advantage for your help.

2. winterhell

winterhell

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=24365&st=0&p=555958&#entry555958

Mercury has the sprites ripped.

3. KernelSys

KernelSys

Alicante, Spain
    Thank you for the information!
    And thanks to Mercury for the sprite equidistant strip :) (I give thanks here because that thread is already closed)