don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Is it odd I'm enjoying playing my own game right now? I feel like a fucking kid screaming "I almost have all the emeralds bitches"

EDIT: Fuck Luster Lake....FUCK LUSTER LAKE....

2. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Final bug testing build, huh? Man oh man, I can't wait for some fresh Sonic gameplay.

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Consider me pumped, I'm ready to test this baby out when it's released.. been waiting so long for another full-length original classic Sonic.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Also sign me up for 'pumped'. But I do so want whichever testers to fucking DEVOUR this, so no bugs are (hopefully) left present. Because I get annoyed getting halfway through a game to find out it just got patched and I need the new one. :3

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    That's what I'm shooting for, minimal patches. At least saves will still work.

Right now all I need done are polishing up the challenges section...

6. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    It's cool to see an ambitious fangame/hack like this actually getting finished, that doesn't happen often!

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Hopefully its release will get some front page love :)

+ - Though I rarely even see the first page....  

8. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Be sure to make a new thread for the release Hez. It would be fun to read through impressions after doing a run-through of the game on release. Kudos for rising where so many have fell: seeing an ambitious fangame through to completion.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Or at all in the case of a good fangame.

The great stuff never gets finished. Sonic Retro XG and Nexus come to mind. Damn you people and your everyday lives!

Be proud of yourself in advance, Hez. I think this is going to rock everybody's socks off!

10. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Hez, I'm currently ripping Spinball sounds. I've got several very long vgm files that need to be tamed, and properly extracting sound effects will be tedious. Just letting you know, I didn't flake out.

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Exactly my thoughts!

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Well I have all next week off from work, so expect some good things.

As for this weekend. I focus mostly on beer so don't expect updates until monday.

13. dsrb

dsrb

C'mon, Hez . . . Some of us won't have anything to do on Valentine's Day if you don't realise this in time. ;)

14. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I know it might not have looked like it, but I'm looking forward to seeing an actual completed Sonic fangame. If and when you manage to pull this off, a lot of people will be happy. Keep it up, the finish line is in sight.

Also, it does indeed look like an awesome fangame

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I might have been able to get it out by tomorrow if I wouldn't have forgotten my computer at home...won't be able to work on it again until tuesday :\

16. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Two steps forward, one step back.

You're almost done! Be proud that you've completed one of the few fan games to ever hit the internets! Do not release it until you're absolutely sure you're done.

17. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    Hez, I'm curious: how true to the classics are the physics? I want to brace myself in case we have to deal with Sonic-on-ice the whole game. It's just that I've had those retro physics burned so deep into my brain that even a tiny deviation separates the "Sonic games" from the "platform games featuring Sonic."

Also, one more thing: was the Aqua Arena artwork based at all on Sonic XG's concept art for Golden Gate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I found out Sonic XG was canceled, my heart was broken solely since I'd never get to play this zone, but your Aqua Arena artwork looks a whole lot like it and makes me really pumped for this game.

18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Aqua Arena is a 16bit remake of Aqua Planet zone from Sonic Chaos (Game Gear)

19. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    Oh ok. Either way, it looks fantastic. I've always liked the look of these "gilded" levels, especially since the official classics never made any use of that kind of art.

Please tell me this is in the final

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Wait, Retro Sonic XG was cancelled? Since when?