don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. I now retract my previous statement :v:

Anyway still excited for what's coming up.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    But you're not a fan anymore. YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE MAN, MAN. Every statement you now issue will be met with mistrust and trepidation, and THE FEAR YOU'RE SELLING STUFF TO US.

But that's okay, because we need more level-headed fans working on beloved IPs ;)

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm pretty sure something will be announced tomorrow based on the mere fact that every time I have a lot of homework/studying for an exam to do, some sort of big crazy announcement happens that's relevant to a franchise I'm a fan of :v:

4. Sega is finally going to formally acknowledge Michael Jackson's involvement in Sonic 3 and release the original tapes of his work on the game ;)

5. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    :gene:

Get out of here, you dork. <3

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    :gene:

I am immortalized.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Aww, you got de-ranked back to Oldbie? does it conflict being a Site Staff and a SEGA employee?

8. This entire train of discussion for like the last week or two:
    [​IMG]

So, someone got an unpaid job at Sega. Woo. Now there will be even more "lol we're in the loop and you're not neener neener".

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It certainly pays. :gene: :ruby:

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well this is really awesome. Congratulations on the job! I can't imagine how stoked you must be right now.

And even bigger congratulations on sending the fanbase into a furore over it. The overhype as and fallout by the fans is delicious.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Was this just a pressure test of SEGAs to see your PR skills :psyduck:

12. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I'll take that staff position if no one else wants it

Congrats about the position, Gene! It's honestly fantastic seeing this kind of connection between Retro and SEGA themselves. Just don't wreak too many shenanigans on us, eh?

So I have two SEGA PR guys following me on Twitter now. When am I getting that C&D on Unleashed Project in the mail

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I think today/yesterday was the most intense I'll get. It was interesting, but I totally get the people who aren't so enthused. :v:

14. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I didn't even know something was going on so I'm not let down. Congrats though, hope everything goes well with this. Should help relations with the fans even more.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So who is going to replace you as Site Staff then seeing as you retired/resigned/leaving to become memelord jr. ?

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Congratulations Gene!! You fucking deserve it!

17. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    These past pages have been a wild ride, especially with the GIFs.

Congratulations, Gene. You are now my emoticon of choice.

I'm awaiting the announcement with barely any self-restraint. I probably shouldn't get myself too hyped, but the hype train is only going to accelerate.

18. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Congrats Gene.... certainly I wasn't expected that, but it's really a good news and I and not disappointed of course, you deserve it

Now we have two emoticons, yay :gene: :ruby:

19. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Might as well share my thought before an announcement is made. Firstly, congrats, Gene.

But seeming as we're told to keep our hype down, and apparently half of the community will be disappointed, then I am not expecting anything big. Like no Adventure 3, Heroes 2, Generations 2, what-have-you. I'm not even expecting a S3K remastered or mobile or whatever either as I expect most of us would be happy with that. I would say Fire and Ice but you've already said nope (unless that was a lie).

So, maybe another spin off like Sonic Riders N or even Shuffle 2, who knows. This doesn't mean I'm not expecting anything big this year at all because I do; it's Sonic's 25th anniversary this year; I'm just not expecting anything announced about that in any due time.

Unless all them jokes about Big's Fishing adventure turned out to be serious, oh goodness no.

20. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I know YouTube comments aren't the best thing to be looking at, but I have to highlight this one, it's just too funny.
    [​IMG]
    You heard him, Gene. No memes. No jokes. Sonic 06 sequel where Sonic dies even harder. Get on that shit.