don't click here

Sonic Rush Character Modding

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by gamerz31w, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    What a shame and how unfortunate that this thread was closed I would love to reply to this thread. https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/sonic-rush-hacking.11076/ At least I can make my own new thread related to Sonic Rush(finally) thank you very much to you administrators and moderators of Sonic Retro forum. Thank you once again for giving me such oportunity to talk once again about modding(for serious at this time)of Sonic Rush. Any plans for video tutorials of character modding in Sonic Rush? My own character mods could be swapping Sonic the Hedgehog model(Jazz Jackrabbit over Sonic)and Blaze the Cat model(over Zoe Cottontail)? Including swapping models of Eggman(over Devan Shell)and Eggman Nega(over Dark Shell).Is it even possible thing to do?

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    This.... was not a good first post. Admitting you would have liked to reply to an 11-year-old thread with no activity, and having done no research yourself kind of defeats the purpose of this thread.

At this point, if there is no active Sonic Rush thread in the past 11 years, any tutorials (much less video tutorials) are highly unlikely for Rush.

That said, that doesn't mean mods don't exist. Perhaps the modding scene for Rush is in its early stages, as this modder has replaced Blaze with Shadow. However, there would be a lot of work to be done to completely replace all Blaze's assets like audio and stage environment to get the results you probably desire.

3. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    That's why I made new thread of Sonic Rush I thought new people will be interested(I guess nobody here cares and everybody is doing here anything they want) in Sonic Rush game modding/hacking. Just like with Sonic Rush Shadow the Hedgehog mod it will be just model swapping,but actually just a little bit something more(Zoe Cottontail never had official voice actress)(as for princess Eva Earlong she had unknown voice actress in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 ending cutscene so theoretically it might be voice of Elisabeth Dodrill the wife of Dean Dodrill allegedly she also voiced Bonnie the Mouse from Elysian Tail and maybe she voiced Lori Jackrabbit in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo unused voice sound effects that can be found inside Unreal Editor 1 I discovered this myself in past many years ago)than(just only models swapping) that like just changing logos,dialogue placeholders. Why would I change for example audio assets(I think that's my choice to leave voice sound effects of Blaze the Cat-Erica Shroeder aka Bella Hudson back then)of Blaze? So what should I know before modding? How to extract and pack models to Sonic Rush nds rom? How many low polygons character models got with nds aesthetics? How long will it take to mod this game? Knuckles would has still voice of Dan Green(because Spaz Jackrabbit karate kick voice effect sounds like some unknown female actress from Expect No Mercy it was Mortal Kombat clone PC game because I made a research myself),Miles"Tails"Prower would still has voice of Amy Palant(back then)as for Lori Jackrabbit voice alegedly it was probably Elizabeth Dodrill.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I can't find any documentation about hacking Sonic Rush online at all, save for that old topic on the forum. Looks like you'll have to find the informations you want yourself.

I respect the intention and I'll admit I'm pretty curious about the subject myself, but ultimately that's not the best way to introduce yourself to the community. I wouldn't be surprised if this topic ends up being locked.

5. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    If you wanted to ask questions about hacking Sonic Rush, the general questions and answers thread will have you covered:

https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/basic-questions-answers-thread.10880/

Creating topics here is usually reserved for hacks that are already completed, or work-in-progress hacks with a lot of work to show for it. Please keep that in mind when creating topics, at least in this subforum.

As for interest in Sonic Rush hacking, I would like to see progress in hacking Rush myself, but I lack the technical knowledge to hack things, and my interests have since shifted away from making Sonic hacks myself. Even then, I would have prioritized making a level editor for Sonic Rush, rather than of a model converter tool.

So it's not that no one wants to hack the game. People here use their skill to work on what they like, (Mania and Forces hacking is quite active, as far as I've seen) while the rest of us with no hacking experience wait to see what's created next. If you want to see more hacking utilities for Sonic Rush, you'll have to be the change you want to see.

Research what resources are available to you, and ask questions when you get stuck. Just be sure to ask in the right places. :)

6. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    So did I ask about all of it in wrong place? You see it's a problematic issue because Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen series aren't that popular like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. series. Anyway that Blaze the Cat photo profile is looking awesome.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Aaaand we're locking this thread. gamerz31w - please learn how to use paragraphs, your posts are painful to read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.