don't click here

Sonic Heroes Object Placement Format!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by igorseabra4, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igorseabra4

igorseabra4

Brazil
    Heroes SCHG, Heroes Power Plant
    After weeks of research (and I didn't had to spend so much time looking for it), I present you, Sonic Heroes Object Placement format, Cracked! 65% Of the file. So, let's get to what's intersting!
    Code (Text):
    1. Sonic Heroes Object Format
    2. It's BIG endian, so if you're a SADX hacker (SADX uses little endian), remember to set your Hex Editor up.
    3. File Format:
    4. sLL_PS.bin
    5. While LL is the level, and S is the player (1-4). Also includes Super Hard Mode (P5) and Global Objects (PB).
    6. Format:
    7. Each object entry is 0x30 bytes long.
    9. float - X Position - position in plane. You can find the coordinates using Link's memory editor, as I don't have the values
    10. float - Y Position
    11. float - Z Position
    13. long - X Rotation - rotation ranges from 00 00 00 00 to FF FF FF FF.
    14. long - Y Rotation
    15. long - Z Rotation
    17. byte - unknow [12] - now there are 12 bytes wich I don't know the function. They look alike in each object entry. Probably they are the Misc. Settings.
    19. long - type - defines wich object. Second byte in the long is the actual type, the rest are variables that set, for exemple, wich list to use. I do not know much. 00 03 00 06 is an exemple for a ring.
    21. long - unknow - unknow
    So, that covers a bit more than half of the object placement. Hope you all like (and I also hope I can get validated with that).

EDIT: Remember: Things are still very buggy, as they always were in Sonic Heroes. Doing minor texture edits to the level might crash the game, imagine this. (PS. Yes, I know how to edit the stages textures without problems but there are a LOT of problems)

2. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    This is good year for Sonic hacking! First a workable SADX level editor, now this!

*darts eyes at Main Memory*

3. igorseabra4

igorseabra4

Brazil
    MainMemory and AshuraTheHedgehogDX helped me (well MainMemory at least tried helping with something, and Ashura incentivated me)

[​IMG]

Now, just if we could find out the model format. Think it will take a while.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I was actually going to attempt getting somewhere with the model format at one point, but never really did anything. It's using a very slightly newer version GTA:SA model format. I was planning on messing around with the GTA maxscript and see if I could get reimporting to work. I might mess with it again sometime.

5. igorseabra4

igorseabra4

Brazil
    Already working on Grand Metropolis Zone Object List. Seaside Hill Zone is just too buggy.

01 - Spring
    02 - Triplet Spring
    03 - Ring
    04 - Tikal Hintball Hint Ring

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I already offered. It shouldn't be too hard to rework SETedit. :thumbsup:

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Then a year later, boom SH Level editor. XD

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    If it goes at the rate SADX hacking went, it'll be >5 years. I hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.