don't click here

Sonic Hacking Contest 2022

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    [​IMG]
    It's that time of the year again...

We said last time we won’t do a March announcement and we made good on that word….the week before March.

Sorry about that but as you know, reviewing and planning the contest takes time, along with Judges’ personal and work commitments too. Hopefully we’ll be able to announce earlier next time.

In any case, people have more than enough time to plan for this year, and there will be those intending to submit, who have been working on potential entries long before this announcement.

As with last year, all information regarding the Contest and Expo this year can be accessed by going to this page.

We have made a few changes to this year’s event, including an Entrants Code of Conduct, a few new trophies, and all trophies this year will be themed, which you can still suggest new trophies by clicking on this link.

Here are the dates to remember for this year:

CONTEST SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: End of Sunday 4th September
    CONTEST UPDATES DEADLINE: End of Sunday 11th September
    EXPO SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: End of Sunday 25th September
    CONTEST WEEK FROM: Monday 10th to Sunday 16th October

If you have any questions regarding this year, you can use this thread, or contact us on the SHC Discord Server.

If there are any issues, please contact us directly using the Contact Us Form available on the page.

Please stay tuned to this thread for information on the usual trailer and when the website opens for submissions.

It will be up when it's up.™

Ready, Set, Procrastinate!!

[​IMG]
    20 YEARS - 19 CONTESTS

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
  3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
  4. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    We are now LIVE and ready to take your submissions to this year's Hacking Contest and Expo.

Please submit your entries on https://shc.zone and refer to the rules on how to submit, the quality control and of course, how to submit to this year's trailer.

Anyone especially submitting 2DPC entries (+ S3 AIR), please check to see if your entry is eligible for the Contest or Expo.

On the website, we have added some highly requested features in the forms of One Click Installs for most mod loaders for quick and easy playing as well multiple upload support which can also be limited to Media Panel and / or Judges to allow for exclusive uploads such as save files so your entry can be played to your requests.

This should address a few issues identified on previous contest weeks, however we hope to add a few more features as well to the site, which will be ready for the Contest Week, and much more.

The Splash Screens have also been updated for this year, although the RSDK screens are awaiting an update, so please bear with us whilst we implement this. We also have a Splash Screen ready for Sonic 3 A.I.R mods too.

A reminder of the important dates:

CONTEST SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: End of Sunday 4th September
    CONTEST UPDATES DEADLINE: End of Sunday 11th September
    EXPO SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: End of Sunday 25th September
    TRAILER CLIPS DEADLINE: End of Sunday 25th September
    CONTEST WEEK FROM: Monday 10th to Sunday 16th October

If anyone has any issue with trying to submit, or have any questions, do let us know, either on here or you can visit the SHC Discord.

5. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    This is your reminder that you have a week remaining to submit your entries to the Contest.

Judges will check your entries to ensure they meet the Quality Control Criteria.

You then have a one week period to refine your entries for final submission.

The Expo deadline is later this month.

[​IMG]

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    A reminder that our first deadline is coming up, with the submissions deadline at the end of this Sunday - here's a handy guide courtesy of Cinossu:
    [​IMG]
    If you have something you want to showcase AND be judged by our judges and the community, the Contest is where you can enter.

If you just want exposure, without judging, submit to the Expo. The Contest Week is THE place for the most exposure of Sonic hacks and mods every year.

Choose between getting your entry judged and critiqued for the possibility of winning trophies (and we'll name those new names soon), or enter just for fun.

As long as you meet our criteria at https://shc.zone, all Sonic hacks and mods are welcome to enter this year.

7. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    [​IMG]

This is a reminder to Contest entrants that you have until the end of Sunday 11th September to finalise your entries and mark them as COMPLETE to proceed further.

Incomplete entries will be moved to the Expo.

We will contact those whose entries are being moved, and those whose entries are being rejected altogether, from Monday.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    A few days remain, here is your reminder to submit your Expo entry and mark it as COMPLETE if you want to showcase it to the biggest audience of the year for Sonic hacks and mods.

You have until the end of this Sunday 25th September to submit. Entries will be announced after the quality control has been completed.

Remember, Expo entries are NOT ELIGIBLE for trophies, either from Judged or Community.

Entries MAY be played by streamers, but there is NO GUARANTEE they can show EVERY SHC entry.

All hacks and mods that meet our Quality Control Criteria are eligible to submit. And don't forget about those trailer clips too!
    [​IMG]

9. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    Alright, to those who have submitted to the contest/expo (and is a mod that is in the Retro section), I'm willing to do the honours and test your hacks/make a playthrough of it as early as I can as I'll most likely be busy over the contest week to be recording and playing everything.

If you've been looking at my YouTube channel, you may notice that my playthroughs from a few notable hacks from last year's contest were pretty popular on my channel and led to more people trying these mods and spreading the word about the hacking contest. I want this to happen again, and I'm willing to share more entries with the public than with what I had last year, hence why I'm open to doing it now than later. The only thing I'll say is if I record your mods, I'll upload them either a day before or during the contest week as soon as possible since I don't want to spoil what you have to offer.

If you have a hack that's in the contest/expo that meets these requirements: it's not a one-zone demo containing another GHZ/EHZ reskin and/or and it packs some cool features/goodies that you think it's worth showing (i.e. Sonic 2 but with your twists), then feel free to PM me. (also, before anyone asks, no, I'm not making a profit from these videos. My channel isn't eligible enough to make it as of writing this lol)

I forgot to mention that I will also give you feedback in the description. I'll be as critical as I can.

Again, feel free to PM me your mods, and we'll see where we can go from here. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM
  10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It goes without saying that I, too, am always up to provide playthroughs, either after the contest (in which case I'll simply play random entries I like) or as a premiere if you contact me in advance.