don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I thought they might do classic Sonic, especially with the new figures coming out. I am quite disappointed that SEGA forgot the Wii once again.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Considering this the greatest fan service SEGA could have ever possibly given us.

I can't believe they actually did it. Welcome back old friend. :,)

Also, I called it. CG trailer and no gameplay, haha.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    CG trailers set the tone for what to expect in a game. Why do you think the internet collectively groaned at the SSX: Deadly Descents trailer?

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Forgot again? Ahem, Sonic Colours?

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    They forgot about HD Colors. ;_;

6. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Short CG reveal: standard.

"Return to roots" theme: yeah, seen that before.

Classic Sonic: oh, I see you guys are serious about this!

I am seriously pleased to see this. Between enjoying Colours and the obvious response to fan feedback here, I'm more excited about the future of Sonic than I have been in 10 years.

7. bolt7

bolt7

Well, it does also heavily insinuate a Colours / Unleashed (daytime) style of gameplay, which is fantastic. I'm glad SEGA aren't getting rid of a gameplay style they already know works, even if we may be playing as Classic Sonic in such an environment. I doubt we'll be seeing classic Sonic in Sonic 4: Episode 2 now, though. I mean, they've added the design back in for the 20th Anniversary HD game; I'm guessing people won't whine as much now.

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I mean, I knew it was gonna be a short trailer with no gameplay but...but...I didn't expect THIS, that's for damn sure.

Hype train is go, people.

9. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    ...aaaand Retro slows to a crawl. Wish I could donate to help. :(

But anyway, no Wii version, huh? So I guess after Unleashed Sonic Team went ahead and developed the game. That's going to be more than 2 years of development time. I think I can say with certainty that this game will not be shitty, not after the amazing Sonic Colours.

I wonder what the Wii Sonic Team will be developing now.

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    What was that short, dumpy rip off running next to Sonic? He looked like the laziest fan character ever.

But seriously, here comes the hype train. It was cool to see, though.

11. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Colors 2, or something like it, hopefully.

EDIT: Oop, new page, might as well post the video again for those just dropping in:

12. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow. I need a mop.

I'm amazed SEGA actually decided to shoehorn the old Sonic back in there. That's pretty awesome. And the CG trailer was nice, too.

You have my attention, SEGA. Go on.

13. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    My first thought during it was "Modern Sonic in classic environments SLIDING and DRIFTING, this is gonna cause so much bickering", then, well, you know what happened. I could go like the rest all "SUCH A BONER I GOT NOW", but the apparent emphasis on Modern Sonic's slightly controversial moveset compared to Classic Sonic makes me wonder if classic will be a playable tad slower, perhaps heavier, focused on the momentum style Sonic, even if only somewhat, or only reflected in some animations like more rolling?

Either way, they've definitely been listening... hopefully to the right things, and not simply tossing classic style in as fanservice in the same vein as naming Sonic 4, well, Sonic 4. How soon after the Colors CG teaser did we get gameplay footage or screens? That is when I'll be OMGSUPERHYPED, till then I'm just, well, damn excited.

14. I'm excited...I guess. I don't own a PS3 or XBox 360 so that tempers it quite a bit. Hopefully we'll get a Wii port of some sort like we did with Unleashed. Or whatever the heck that was. :) I guess I didn't notice how much bluer the newer Sonic is either :)

15. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Sonic needs to look less like this
    [​IMG]
    and more like this
    [​IMG]

Also, download link!

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    did we nearly make it 10 min's before someone started complaing about the design? lol

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I am in class at this very moment.

I am sobbing uncontrollably. I feel like the biggest nerd ever for doing such, but THIS JUST HAPPENED.

H-he-he's back. Sonic, the Sonic I knew... he's back. Retro, you hear me? He's back.

18. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Huh.

Classic Sonic is surprising, but I'm hold holding my breath. If they do the Unleashed/Colours style again, though, this game can go die in a fire, for all I care.

Edit: Jesus Christ 137 users reading this topic ARE YOU KIDDING ME

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I just noticed something. The Classic Sonic model (whee I can say that about an official product now!) looks quite similar to his Sonic 3 look. Maybe that's what they based it on?

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While I was thinking something like this as well, keep in mind they were probably basing Sonic off of the Sonic 1 sprites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.