don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Damn, Sonic. Those are some faaaaahn threads ya got goin' there! Sweet stuff. But what's with the empty white box on the side? Clean slate?

Those are some great cards. I especially love the Prope one. Adorable!

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
  4. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I wouldn't mind a return to the Sonic Adventure-esque gameplay on 3DS (or any console for that matter).

As in, not balls-out fast with rigid mechanics, like Sonic Unleashed. SA1 tried to be the Genesis games in 3D, fairly linear, moderately fast, plenty of platforming and exploration, and it was pretty rad. Unleashed/Colors is fine, but the Adventure formula is more my preference.

5. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Sonic in a lab coat strikes me as a little perverse and mind-blowing. I don't know whether to love it or hate it.

6. ...It's a card. I think you're supposed to write some shit in that there clean slate and give it to a person.

Why are they talking about the anniversary already? It's not until June. Of course that doesn't stop this card from being pretty damned cool.

7. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

Actually the white suit reminded me of smooth criminal MJ.

8. Lack of pants, you don't wear sneakers with a fancy suit, and green eyes.

/complaints

9. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Nintendo celebrated the Mario anniversary for months.

SO PISS OFF

+ - loooooveyooooou  

10. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And at what point should they start talking about the anniversary? It's closer to Sonic's 20th than it is his 19th.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I don't care what anyone says, that card and its art is awesome.

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I actually love the Werehog design. I know it was some more of that good old "forced edginess" on Sega's part, but the Werehog ended up being more fuzzy and cute than anything else (at least, to me).

As for the stages, I actually enjoy them to a degree. I like the platforming parts, and the fighting parts are okay, but could do with less enemies. Way less enemies. The fights should not drag on for more than five minutes, and they do, which is a problem.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The were-hog isn't a bad concept on its own, it just doesn't belong in a Sonic game.

14. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Well, that's considering that the Werehog is basically Ristar in 3D but moving at the pace of a sloth.

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Funnily enough wasn't Bunnie's gameplay meant to emulate Ristar in the dumped plans for Sonic Mars?

16. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I don't think this was posted before, but Wave Master is also going to celebrate Sonic's 20th with something music related probably.

http://www.wave-master.com/sonic20th/

Here's hoping it's like a huge collection of Sonic music, in similar fashion to Wave Master's other huge collection releases. Oh, and with Sonic 3's music, with liner notes and credits. That would be super.

17. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Probably about time I updated my own thread. Following the announcement that Wavemaster is engineering something music-related for Sonic's twentieth we have the strong rumour/news that the first project is a special re-release of Sonic Adventure's OST:

(From the Actual source)

This Japanese shop is advertising what's called Sonic Adventure Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition, out for sale April 20th and available now for pre-order. There are no other details given other than it may not necessarily be a straight re-release. You may remember the first SA OST released in 1999 as a two disc set. A separate vocal mini-album with the game's image themes, as well as a remix album was also produced. It's not clear whether those would be a part of the album.

Source: http://shop.mu-mo.net/avx/sv/item1?jsiteid...mp;categ_id=100

It does seem like Sega are going all out for this one. We have Sonic 4: Episode 2 coming this summer with two more announcements scheduled for the beginning of this year. Given we're in early February those announcements should be imminent. The key project is the multi-platform Sonic Anniversary game which we still have yet to hear anything substantial about; though when we do it will be posted here.

PS. I just hit the site that lists the OST and ran it through a translator and all I could derive was that the soundtrack is the "first of the anniversary soundtrack releases" with more to come.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    If it comes with all of the game tracks, count me in. More incentive if it comes with the character themes. I really just want an official CD with the songs that isn't expensive/rare.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    There will be a Sega press event in a few weeks: http://www.segabits.com/?p=7815
    If Sega is going to announce new Sonic games at the beginning of this year, than they will probably be announced there.

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Nice to see SEGA still hasn't gotten over it's brain-dead tendency to re-release everything from 10-20 years ago. I wonder if they'll release Sonic Heroes DX and it's not-new soundtrack in a few years. :P

It'd better be really special. By the way, are we absolutely certain Sonic 4: Episode II is coming out this summer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.